Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 03:48 PM

Default SNG life expectancy spreadsheet

Gigabet's comments regarding life expectancy, and a total lack of anything to do during my last two days at work, led me to create a little spreadsheet tool.

It let's you specify the number of chips, number of players at each level and a critical blind level.

It then calculates how many hands you have at each level before you reach your critical level.

It actually takes the number of players into account and determines if you can play one or more rounds at each level based on chipstack and "critical level".

It does not account for position. Instead it averages the cost of a level based on the number of players at that level.

You can also plug in various chip levels at a given level and see how it changes your life expectancy.

It's pretty interesting to play with and seems to demonstrate some definate "blockiness" in level 4-6 of STTs.

I don't have any way to post it. If anybody is interested in checking it out and seeing what, if any, conclusions they can draw, or expanding on the idea, PM me and I will email it to you.

My Excel skills are pretty rudimentry, and the formulas look like a bomb went off in a pre-school, but it seems to work pretty well.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:04 PM

Default Re: SNG life expectancy spreadsheet

One time bump in case anybody else is interested.