Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM

Default another 99 hand

Sorry if this is another boring hand post, but I want to check my thought process here...

Live 8-16, 9 handed.

Reads: SB is a total LP fish - very loose, very passive, plays maybe 80% of his hands PF (for one bet or two). I'm delighted to have him at my table. BB is decent, but too loose in general (average agression). UTG is one of the better players, but is one the laggy side of optimal. He's also decent hand reader. The rest of the table is standard for this limit - too loose and average agression.

PF Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
5 limpers including UTG, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, everyone calls.

Flop 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 players, 14 SB)
<font color="red"> SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="red">UTG raises</font>, 5 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players, 11 BB)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red"> UTG bets</font>, hero folds...
Old 09-15-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: another 99 hand

I'd go ahead and 3 bang the flop. The turn is close. I actually don't think UTG or BB have a 6. BB appears to have a draw based on the flop action, sb is a monkey so could have anything and UTG doesn't have many 6s in his range if he is decent. So yeah, I kind of want to raise the turn, but am hesitant because if we get 3 bet we are going to be getting close to correct odds to peel with our full house draw. That being said, this pot is too big not to put up a fight for so I'd close my eyes and sling out a raise.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:18 PM

* grunch *

Does anyone fold the flop? The 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is tainted so that leaves us with maybe 2 outs if you include the backdoor straight draw on this very drawy board. Too weak?

As played, call the turn? 4 outs to the full house so we've got the odds.

GcluelessnoobG
Old 09-15-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
* grunch *

Does anyone fold the flop? The 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is tainted so that leaves us with maybe 2 outs if you include the backdoor straight draw on this very drawy board. Too weak?

GcluelessnoobG

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop we are not drawing. We believe we have the best hand. That's why I think it's worth a 3-bet. As played, it's raise&gt;call&gt;fold on the turn I think.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:42 PM

Have to three bet this flop for value and to charge the draws. You also may knock out some overcards and get some info in the process.

As played given UTG's descrip I raise the turn, calling a three bet and folding the river unless I fill.

If you don't get raised on the turn I think you can value bet a river blank but it's close. I think you will get looked up by some lesser hands because the board is so coordinated.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:15 PM

3-bet the flop. You're ahead often enough here to straight and flush draws.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
* grunch *

GcluelessnoobG

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flop we are not drawing. We believe we have the best hand. That's why I think it's worth a 3-bet. As played, it's raise&gt;call&gt;fold on the turn I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I totally disregarded the fact the we might actually be ahead. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2006, 04:54 PM

I Believe we are ahead here a very good portion of the time. With that said I dont like 3betting the flop as SB will come along with any draw he has anyways. I do however love raising UTG's Turn Bet. That 6 is a very good card for us.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go ahead and 3 bang the flop. The turn is close. I actually don't think UTG or BB have a 6. BB appears to have a draw based on the flop action, sb is a monkey so could have anything and UTG doesn't have many 6s in his range if he is decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB is terrible player, but he's very passive - I've even seen him check behind with TPGK. It's hard to see him betting into the field after a PFR without a decent piece of this. UTG is one of the better players, but he's still not great - I could easily see him have A6s, 67s, 55, or 66 here. Does that change your analysis at all?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:03 PM

All - most people seem to like a flop 3-bet here. I thought this was a perfect time to wait until the turn to raise, because a blank changes my equity so much, and there are so many scare cards that can come on the turn. Isn't this very similar to the TT hand in the "two overpair hands" section in SSHE?

Whether or not the 6 is a good turn card is another question...