Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2006, 11:50 PM

Default NFL week 2

So, last week 4-0, +6.1 units, unlikely to be repeated anytime soon.

This week I like Cleveland +11 -105, just too many points and I think Frye will be solid with Winslow and Droughns. 1 unit.

Houston is back up to 14, still thinking about it.

GB +2.5 +100 sia. Not a believer in NO yet. Favre at home, gotta give him a shot with Ahman running for 120 on Chitown. 1.

PHL -3 +103. 2 units at pinny. I think Eli has a long way to go, Iggle D is very, very solid this year.

Arizona +7, 1 unit +100. Jax +2 -110 1 unit.
Was +6, 1 unit +100. Still don't get this line.

waiting for the 0-6 followup. 5 dogs, yikes.

Naj [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

edit: I imagine 3 of the above will end up being BSPs.
Old 09-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: NFL week 2

haha....you go 4-0 with real money and no one follows up to your excellent thread. Perhaps you should lie and say you are betting 0 units to get some discussion.

I don't get Green Bay...they might be that bad.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:05 PM

Don't read too much in to Ahhhh-mmmaaannn-Greeeeeeeeen-AmahnGreen! 's performance against the Bears. Most of that yardage was pure garbage - give-up draw plays on 3rd and forever, to end the first half while Chicago was in deep coverage , second half yardage when the game was already well in hand, etc.

I'd avoid the Pack like the plague until they prove they're anything more than the terrible rebuilding team they look like to date.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:07 PM

I like all but Philly. I was impressed with the the way the Giants moved the ball in week 1 even though they lost. They lost because of mental mistakes and self destruction. Hard to tell about Philly because they were against Houston. Giants owned them last year and I think they are just simply better.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like all but Philly. I was impressed with the the way the Giants moved the ball in week 1 even though they lost. They lost because of mental mistakes and self destruction. Hard to tell about Philly because they were against Houston. Giants owned them last year and I think they are just simply better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize that McNabb missed both games last year and in one, McMahon had them up in the 2nd half due to two deep TD passes to Brown, right? Also missing Westbrook.

I think that is a harder game to call, but PHL pulls it out by 3-7 at home.

I just don't think with Franks and Green back that GB is truly that bad, or that NO is that great yet. Again, after a perfect week 1, I'm sure I'm way off 1-2 of these.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:50 PM

With Portis being ruled out by Gibbs, I'd avoid that game now if you haven't bet yet.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:39 PM

Phily and the G-Men put up tons of yardage in week 1... any thoughts on the over?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:47 PM

I think it's a good number and both D's will bring their A game, but turnovers could lead to an over, Lito and Westbrook banged up so hard to call.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PHL -3 +103. 2 units at pinny. I think Eli has a long way to go, Iggle D is very, very solid this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eagles were 27th in points allowed last year. And now after beating THE HOUSTON TEXANS they're a solid D? I'm not calling you out specifically because I"m seeing a ton of people doing it, but why is everyone overreacting to that game so much? I mean, coming into the season most people had the EAgles predicted to finsih 4th in the East. Most people also predicted the Eagles to win in week 1. Now after winning in week 1, everyone thinks they're so much better than they first though. Seems like strange logic, no?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:53 PM

I don't like the Packers pick, as weird as it sounds the saints are a much better team. If they still have Aaron Brooks at the helm I toss a coin to pick this game, or better yet not play it.

I don't like the Houston pick even though it looks like you're not sure whether you will bet it. They are gonna get killed. I live in houston so i had the pleasure of watching the texans first drive for a td from carr to moulds, but that was a huge [censored] tease. No running game and very average to slightly below average defense, that doesn't sound like a winning formula in the nfl to me.

I like the eagles -3, although I'm sure a lot of people disagree. I think the giants are a little overrated. You're right, eli isn't "there" yet and tiki won't run on the eagles like he did to the colts.