Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 PM

Default this wasn\'t even a goddamn hour!

This was all NL 6max.
(In all hands I'm basically in the 100 BB mark with villian covering)

Prima Poker skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $8</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $12</font>, HERO calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($41, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $42</font>, BB calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($125, 2 players)
HERO checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $40</font>, HERO calls.

Results:
Final pot: $205

Thanks for not stacking me sir. (note that guy was the worst player at that table--I called river specifically because I was 100% sure my opponent was NOT on a draw nor had a set/straight)

Prima Poker skin
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) HERO is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $8</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($24, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, HERO checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($24, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $16</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($56, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $28</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $132</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $103.59</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.41 returned to HERO.

Results:
Final pot: $319.18

Was that call for direct pot odds or implied odds--cause how in the hell you knew I'd river the second nuts vs the total nuts is beyond me. (and then not just calling like a lot of nits would do vs your obvious flush [note this wasn't the type to just bluff that river, I just thought he had any flush and of course he didn't])

Prima Poker skin
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $32</font>, BB calls, Button folds.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($72, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $64</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises all-in $194.74</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO calls all-in $106.85</font>.
Uncalled bets: $23.89 returned to BB.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($413.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $413.7)

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($413.7, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $413.7)

Results:
Final pot: $413.7

Of course it's aces--what else would it be. Brilliant of him to slowplay it though so I would go broke. Oh wait I thought he sucked so I would have gone broke ANYWAY. I should have just mucked flop--it's always bleeping aces against unknowns lol. I could have gotten away from this the more I think about it. I hate kings. I think I've lost so many BB with that hand by getting it allin preflop (which was basically what that was given that flop). Huge risk by him though figuring that if the flop has an ace I can't get stacked and something like QJx as well. Yet I see this play a lot; they never reraise a raiser. I guess I don't get it would anyone really fold KK there? Seriously? I guess they do now for that play to make any type of sense.

Prima Poker skin
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $48</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($114, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $35</font>, HERO calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($184, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $55</font>, HERO calls.

Results:
Final pot: $294

Okay I made a big mistake on this hand--that action is almost always a set and yet I still stupidly didn't fold. Hell even the flop lead into me should have been one hell of a giveaway. I'm so stupid. I got confused by his river bet since a possible hand of mine just hit so I flat called--boy did I make a mistake not shoving here. He would have had to turbo muck.

Great I'm turning into a bleeping calling monkey. bleep bleep bleep.

Sickest thing is though I lost about half as much as I won yesterday lol. If I can't fix that ultra obvious leak though I'm really going to have to quit poker.

One of these days I won't suck--one of these days.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 PM

Default Re: this wasn\'t even a goddamn hour!

How mysterious.