Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2006, 08:41 PM

Default AJo Raise on turn

I assume I have made the correct move here but I guess I would rather know - have been reading a bit, always concerned that I have understood properly. I would normally raise PF - had raised about six hands in a row so I limped - I guess I should ask for a comment on that too - just keep on raising?

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises
Old 09-13-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: AJo Raise on turn

Raise PF here every time. The fact that raised the last six hands is even better. You've got good equity and your more likely to be called down with rubbish when you make your hand. Bet the flop and turn. Weirdly played river too bro.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:49 PM

Reads are good.

Checking from the small blind is not bad here. Raising is not a bad option either. I think it's a small EV decision.

Flop is an easy check to see what happens. I raise if CO bets. What really sucks is having it checked through but on this flop that is not going to happen often.

Turn I bet. I'm curious as to why you didn't Seeing how you didn't, check raising is the right play. CO would have bet the flop if he had you beat.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:50 PM

*Grunch*

I don't want to raise AJo in the SB to a big field anyway so I think not raising preflop is good.

I like this play. To me it looks like CO is making a play at a small pot with his random hand. Probably has a pair of 8's or even somethign like 66 or 55.

Nice check raise.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF here every time. The fact that raised the last six hands is even better. You've got good equity and your more likely to be called down with rubbish when you make your hand. Bet the flop and turn. Weirdly played river too bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: not weirdly play river. Just bet the turn.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:00 PM

I'd raise PF here (especially since there's a poster in front of you), lead the flop, and re-evaluate from there. You'll have a much better idea of where you stand.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO pre flop is not a standard raise ... AJo isn't that great multiway and you are OOP, which further devalues the hand (and a raise just bloats the pot)
it's an easy raise if everyone in is a donkey

I think how you play the flop depends on who these guys are ... I could check (intending to raise) or lead

on your turn: a bet is in order
Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads are good.

Checking from the small blind is not bad here. Raising is not a bad option either. I think it's a small EV decision.

Flop is an easy check to see what happens. I raise if CO bets. What really sucks is having it checked through but on this flop that is not going to happen often.

Turn I bet. I'm curious as to why you didn't Seeing how you didn't, check raising is the right play. CO would have bet the flop if he had you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be a NL hangover that one - I figured if my Jack was good then I wanted someone to commit themself to the pot and I might get away with a C/R- not the go?

PokerRoom 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jd As (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.50 BB. </font>
Old 09-13-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Might be a NL hangover that one - I figured if my Jack was good then I wanted someone to commit themself to the pot and I might get away with a C/R- not the go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I might like this
Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I might like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only been playing Limit for a couple of months but my experience so far is that guys can't back out of a move once they have contributed on that particular street - they might lay down marginal holdings when they contributed previously, but it's only the 2+2 micro types that are capable of accepting defeat in the middle of betting on any given street.