Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Grunch this please

This is a begining table on party. I have played aprox 50 hands. My preflop % is 25 and the table is 45. Most raises and reraises preflop seem to be reflexive and do not tell you much about holdings. Post flop play is more controled and measured. Preflop call, I think is standard what do you think of the raise call? On the flop SB drops out and MP2 takes his place. I have to believe he is representing the 4 and is drawing. I have seen him show down T high. Turn did worry me, should it have? River 7d MP2 bets I still have TP, I do not suspect that MP2 has more than an overcard. I call closing the betting. I also think that I have it > 10% when CO folds.

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO checks, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Grunch this please

You gotta bet this flop or at least the turn. You played way to passively in this big pot IMO.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:31 AM

*grunch*

Bet the flop, if it is raised I would probably 3-bet it. Not many hands that have you beat at this point. I would also lead out on turn as well. River I would probably c/c. Is that too weak?
Old 01-26-2006, 10:44 AM

Preflop: With a CO poster you should give serious consideration to a pfr if you're going to play the hand at all, but UTG at a loose table calling is fine too.

Flop: The PFR checked, so you should at least consider betting. If there were other people between you and the bettor you should c/r but given that you're closing the action I would call.

Turn: Lead out. Your hand is very vulnerable to free cards and no one has shown that much strength.

River: As played you have to call, that river sucks but overcards and hearts missed, and it's now HU so you don't have to worry about overcalls.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:52 AM

You must bet the flop and the turn. The hand plays very differently after that.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:56 AM

Preflop call of the raise was okay. You have a lot of people in the pot which would be nice if you hit a set on the flop.

On the flop, I have to bet and then go from there depending on the action afterwards.

Doc
Old 01-26-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: With a CO poster you should give serious consideration to a pfr if you're going to play the hand at all, but UTG at a loose table calling is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that I considered CO posting. Can you explain the why the CO posting is important. I am thinking that it would have something to do with building the pot.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:32 AM

Bet the flop, bet the turn
Old 01-26-2006, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that I considered CO posting. Can you explain the why the CO posting is important. I am thinking that it would have something to do with building the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something? Where does it say that CO posted? To answer your question, Buc, with a poster in the hand you've got 66% more money in the pot NOW, plus a player that's likely to put in at least one more with any crap that might be in his hand, so it becomes important to thin the field and you're willing to risk an extra bet to that end.

As to the hand: as usual, you were way to passive on the flop and fourth street, but at least you didn't go nutbag when the board double-paired on the river. You got one street (two, if you count preflop, but that would have been right if you did anything but fold) right, you're improving! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Preflop: limping is fine, and once you've limped you're calling SB's raise no matter how many people are in.

Flop: you've got an overpair to the board. Bet when the pfr checks to you. The last damn thing you want to have happen is this flop check through and give overcards a freebie.

Turn: depending on the flop action after you donkbet, you have to play a little poker. If you got raised on the flop, you might check to the raiser and then raise. If everybody smooth-called, you have to bet out again. Odds are good that nobody has a 4, so likely the worst you're up against right now is A7s.

River: this will be completely different, depending on your action on previous streets, but the 7 sucks for you. But, check-call was the right play on your part.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:29 PM

the flop check is damn bad. I'd checkraise the turn, though since your equity is spiked with that 3 and we can expect the late player to bet.