Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 08:37 AM

Default two 10 20 hands

I raise J8dd 80 in MP tightish but good CO calls, heads up. Flop comes Qd 6d 5s.

I bet 140, Villain raises to 390 I call. Effective stacks are 4k.

Turn is 3c. I check, Villain bets 420 I call.

River 4h. I check Villain bets 550. I CR to 2400.

Second hand is vs curzdog

UTG raises to 60 3 callers I call A8s in SB BB calls. Flop comes 832r. I check BB check UTG check Curzdog bets out in MP (2k to start the hand) to 200, folds to me I call. Turn comes J completing rainbow. I bet our 420 Curzdog moves AI for 1300 or so more and I call.

-Jason
Old 01-26-2006, 08:52 AM

Default Re: two 10 20 hands

why start a new thread?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why start a new thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:28 PM

Uhhh. Ok?
Old 01-26-2006, 06:35 PM

1st hand is soooo player dependent.

(2nd is too but i know him)
i dunno if i like the 2nd, as he could have AAish here imo

EDIT: not saying i dislike it either... will think n post later
Old 01-26-2006, 10:55 AM

Hand 1: The chances you are bluffing this river go way up given that you are only representing 78 here. Villain is likely to put you on nuts or nothing here which makes his call easier.
If villain views you as laggish then he knows you could be bluffing with the 4 card straight on board.

Hand 2: Would villain play a set this fast on this board? Can rule out 2 pair and probly AA/KK. I’d expect villain to call down with Jx here - he’s not likely to fold out better hands or get worse hands to call(I doubt he’s expecting A8 to call his push!).Maybe villain thinks that playing a set this fast on this board will get suspicious calls like this, but I can’t really comment without knowing his tendencies.
Hope he turned up something like 45/910/small pp.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise J8dd 80 in MP tightish but good CO calls, heads up. Flop comes Qd 6d 5s.

I bet 140, Villain raises to 390 I call. Effective stacks are 4k.

Turn is 3c. I check, Villain bets 420 I call.

River 4h. I check Villain bets 550. I CR to 2400.

Second hand is vs curzdog

UTG raises to 60 3 callers I call A8s in SB BB calls. Flop comes 832r. I check BB check UTG check Curzdog bets out in MP (2k to start the hand) to 200, folds to me I call. Turn comes J completing rainbow. I bet our 420 Curzdog moves AI for 1300 or so more and I call.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the river bluff in the first hand. Here is a stream of my thoughts with no real direction: except *obv* that its unlikely he has QK/QA, hands hes most likely to fold. It seems your explicitly trying to push him off a set. He may very well have air and have been doin a little weak bluffing himself. Also, if he knows you are capable of this bluff, he may ahve bet this river weakly w/ the intention of calling a CR. Lastly, remember you raised first in PF. I know you would do this w/ hands that could hit that straight but its also somewhat less likely and he may, on account of this, rule out you having a straight to some degree. In summary, I would rather bluff on the turn I suppose but plays like this are very image/player dependant in these spots and I assume you CR the river a [censored] ton more than i do so hey thumbs up.

2nd hand: W/o knowing youre history, I dont see how this can be much of a +EV call. Obviously you called the flop thinking hey I have the best hand at least often enough to call pot. So hey, why not get it in when the pot is big. Did you bet the turn w/ the intention of calling an all in? If so I like b/c most players dont check call, donk w/ a Set...they do this w/ A8, in which case Curzdog is likely to reevaluate his draw or 8x and push. Somewhat circular logic and you could still very well be behind 99+. Or did you bet the turn b/c you didnt want to check call and then decided hey, f' it, its curzdog and called.

-JP
Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 PM

Hand 1: I'm iffy on this. If he has a set he's going to look you up, might even do it with two pair. You'll fold out most other hands, though. I think it's probably a break-even proposition in the long run.

Hand 2: Bet the turn a little less and fold to his all-in, I don't know Villain but against most standard villains you're screwed here. I like c/r turn all-in better than bet/call all-in, though.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:49 AM

First hand is OK I think vs good players.
Second one sucks I think. You just paid off your stack with crappy one pair hand vs good player. In my 25NL days when I saw such a play I thought: "WOW DONKS !" it doesnt change here. 100% FOLD imo.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:20 AM

I dunno I feel like Curz is going to show me a set or a very weak hand here like 54 or worse pair he was bluffing with. I think I can rule out a higher pair here as he would not likely raise here for value but just call the turn. That was my thinking anyway.

Hand 1 he ran down bank and called w AA (???) and hand 2 Curz had 77.