Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hero calls the $30 bet. River is the 3h (113.50 in the pot). Hero should
Check, with the intention of folding to an all in 17 38.64%
Check, with the intention of calling an all in 8 18.18%
Lead for $30 7 15.91%
Go all in for about $45 12 27.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2006, 08:14 PM

Default Political affiliation?

I was wondering if there are a larger number of Libertarians who are poker players. I'm a Libertarian, but this is not an Ad for them, im just curious.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Political affiliation?

I'm a Marxist.

Which is to say, I follow the wisdom of Groucho Marx, who stated, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2006, 01:39 AM

I identify more with the Libertarian party than I do with the Democratic or Republican parties, but I am not as strongly libertarian and have only voted libertarian as a protest vote, not as a serious endorsement of the candidate on their ballot. In fact, I am not philosophically tied to libertarianism -- it is just that the current options are all worse, so I'd prefer the philosophy that does the least.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:03 AM

marxist
Old 09-12-2006, 08:12 AM

Leftist Libertarian according to this.

Southeast of Ghandi oddly (or maybe not so I guess) close to anarchist.

Registered Dem only because they made me do it to vote in a the '04 Primary. An no, my guy didn't win because the majority of the voting public aren't voters at all. They are sheep that do what the RNC/DNC tells them to so that they can be just like the Jones sheep who live next door in the bigger house with the nicer car.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:43 AM

No official affiliation, so that's what I voted in this poll. But I'm an anarchist at heart, and therefore Libertarian within our current political system.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM

Keep this relatively bashing free please
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 AM

The poll is ok, but I can tell you what it will show regardless of the votes. It will skew slightly democratic because the avg age in here tends to skew towards college age which traditionally is a liberal demographic. Someone once said (paraphrasing)....if you are young and not liberal, your not alive. As you get older and aren't conservative your just plain stupid.....something along those lines. Back to my original point.

This will basically show that poker players are a representative sample of the USA....we are not defined along party lines, rather we are defined by our love of the game. This is why this is such difficult legislation to pass IMO. The Republicans can pander to the conservative right but they risk losing their moderate base (where I sit) if they push to hard. My hope is that this is all just political posturing and that it dies a slow death like many other issues that show up in election years.

If my political leaning is of any interest, I am a tick right of center overall, but tend to be a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian. I am obviously in therapy.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Elitist ?

"so that they can be just like the Jones sheep who live next door in the bigger house with the nicer car."

Get in touch with reality, please ... Why do you think that is not a reasonable goal for people to aspire to .... a nice place to live and a nice car ? If supporting the RNC or DNC get them that from politics, why shouldn't they do so ? Are you complaining because, by voting as they do, they get what they want ?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:31 AM

Winston Churchill