Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Someone explain the Final Fantasy up coming games for me...

Ok, so we have both Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core and Final Fantasy XII coming out. XII comes out on Halloween, no release date for Crisis Core yet.

Last one I played was X-2. I did not play the MMORPG. I don't play the action ones so much as the RPG Storyline ones.

Am I correct that CrisisCore is one of those kind of action ones I don't really care about, and XII is the next "real" storyline game? Is the story public yet for it? If CrisisCore is a story line game too, is there a release date for that yet?

Looking forward to wasting 100+ hours of my life on a game soon...

Ray
Old 09-11-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Someone explain the Final Fantasy up coming games for me...

XII is the only one you want to worry about. It got a 10 in Famitsu (sp?) Which has only given 6 games ever a perfect score.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:00 PM

FFVII : Dirge of Cerberus
[ QUOTE ]
Product Description
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus traces the story of the mysterious Vincent Valentine, a popular character in the classic Final Fantasy VII. Three years have passed since the events of the hit game. Buried alive following Meteorfall, a mysterious group known as "Deepground" emerges and begins raiding the city of Midgar, ultimately threatening the world. The enigmatic Vincent Valentine is somehow connected to these attacks, and he may be the only one who can save this shattered society. When the world becomes shrouded in darkness, his gun will toll a dreadful dirge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds very similar to a Devil May Cry type game.

FFXII
[ QUOTE ]
Final Fantasy XII stars a princess named Ashe, who teams up with Vaan, an urchin, and several other characters to protect their homeland of Ivalice against invaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote is from GameRankings. And yes, FFXII is the next true RPG-core FF.

EDIT: Here's the GameRankings link. You can read some reviews on the Japanese version.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:08 PM

ok, here is the storyline of FFXII:

[ QUOTE ]
some woman will have a love interest with a meterosexual male main character, and one of them was born destined to save the world. They'll travel the world, meeting at least one cute animal-like character, someone who's comic relief, a real bad-ass, some old wise man, and someone guy who has an airship that has no problem letting them use it to go wherever they want. Some dude wants to take over the world for some reason, who probably used to be allies with one of your characters, who cannot be handled by the law or army, because our motley crue of heroes are the only ones who can stop them, due to fate or destiny or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source: every other Final Fantasy game ever.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:14 PM

That is why I love every Final Fantasy game. It's always the same, no matter how much it changes.

Thank you for posting that summary. FFX2 sucked.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:29 PM

Thanks to all for the help.

Ray
Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 PM

XII will probably be one of the last few games I ever buy for PS2. I also suspect it might be the best to come out for the PS2. Yeah, hopes are a little high, PSM gave it a 9.5 and Famitsu a 40/40.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

all the final fantasy's are for sony and no xbox correct?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:50 PM

Im happy with how the games have been in the past 10 years or so...with the exception of 8 and 9.

7 was the best....in fact 7 was my pick for greatest video game of all time....and has been for a while. I actually put in 2 years on this game. For you fans: Have you ever PERFORMED Aeris' lvl. 4 limit break? I have. Figure that one out. Forget your weapons and gold chocobos...thats kids stuff.

8....well.....we wont talk about 8...or 9 for that matter. Who the heck makes a FF game where you cant travel the world map outside the storyline... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Drawing magic also sucks.

Tactics was VERY awesome. (although...hint hint square, finish the ending storyline, its way too confusing...you wait for all the credits then show one of the main characters killing the princess?? WTF?? )

10 was awesome with awesome graphics. I dont care that Tidus was a Metro....I thought it was a video game breakthrough as far as the music went as well. Oh yeah and blitzball rules.

X-2 was lame, but I liked how they were able to change the battle system completely around and thought the overall premise for the game was cool....just not my cup of tea, every anime chick I know loves it though....it also brought more people to the series that didnt care for the turn-based engine.

11 has stolen too many hours of my life...and will steal many more, but is turning out to be an awesome game and will give 7 a run for its money....Its just huge, Its my first MMORPG and will be my last. There's just too much to do.

Durge is going to be graphically cool and will answer a lot of questions true fans had about vincent's role, although it will still use the Devil May Cry-esque battle engine. Its different..and cool in its own way.

My only real unanswered demand from the FF series is that they never came back and finished the American FF7 game. There was a lot more in the ending of the Japanese game that not a whole lot of people knew about, and it resolved the ending storyline a lot more....oh yeah and Aeris can be brought back.

I only hope 12 can pull some of the great things from all the games, keep an intersting storyline, and put FF back on the map as THE RPG game.

Edit: I never played the hand-held "Crystals" one, so Id like to hear someone's opinion on that if they put any time in it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 PM

11 is on Xbox 360 I believe.