Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is warsaw's cousin?
Cyndi Sterling 32 35.16%
Cherry Poppens 26 28.57%
Roxy Rush 10 10.99%
Naomi 23 25.27%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2006, 11:11 PM

Default How could changover to AC could occur? (we only got one Earth)

Posted in taxes thread but i think it would be better placed in its own thread. Please read through the whole thread before bashing me, im really curious how AC would deal with religous factions for one thing.

I know this post is long but im pretty unschooled in these areas so you all should have a good time making me look like an idiot.

Ive made a list about a few things i think would get in the way of AC society, if you all could please go through like my other posts and refute each part that would be great b/c AC sounds great but i really dont see how it could work practically and i really wonder how it deals with these problems in theory and practice.

(Sorry for caps i just want people to read this line)
I BELIEVE THAT BASED ON THE FACT THAT THE WORLD ISNT AC AND EVEN IF IT WOULD BE BETTER OFF AC IT COULD NEVER SURVIVE THE TRANSFER OF POWER BACK TO THE PEOPLE FROM GOVERNMENTS. Once the world gets destroyed the market doesnt have a second chance.

Spark Notes - We got one world and if something goes wrong we dont have time for the market to fix it. Humans all dont act rationally. Pollution, Religon, Mob Mentality, Organized Crime all seem to pose problems.

Pollution- Even with government its hard to keep corporations from destroying the earth with pollution. A single corporation doesnt have much incentive not to pollute because the cost is spread to everyone not just themselves, you could say consumers would blacklist them but when joe somebody needs a new refrigirator hes not gonna care if the ozone layer is dieing, all he knows is he needs cold food and this refrigirator is 100 dollars cheaper. Even if the enviromental cost of the ozone depleation is >>>>>>>>> than 100 dollars joe somebody isnt considering that because humans arent always rational. Even if over time the market could deal with it i believe that it could not be done nearly quick enough to protect the planet and once the ozone layer is gone we dont get a second chance to get it right.

Religons Raising Armies- Religon almost by definition isnt rational, AC is bases on rational thought so problems are gonna be run into here. You talk about everyone making armies, which i can see but what about this.... seeing as there are no states to give allegiance to then the uniting force will be religon, so your gonna have a Muslim army raised, a Christian army raised, and maybe the buddhist raise one (not sure about their beliefs). There are ownerless nukes laying about the world, So even if your sitting pretty on your property with your army your not gonna like it when there is nuke fallout raining down because the muslims in the next city just got nuked. Please try to explain how Religon would not cause the world to descend into war and then the winner would set up a theocracy. This is one of the main things i see to saying while good in theory AC would never work in practice because of Religon (which no one can deny is here to stay in one form or another.)

Even if you think AC could work here how could it posibly work in parts of the world where citizens arent trained capitalists? Instantly the strong willed would be reforming their own states

Look at new orleans, Hurricane takes away government presence, two hours later they are pillaging private property - mobs dont act rationally.

I also think you underestimate the havoc organized crime could inflict in the turn-around time between our government ruled society to market driven anarchism. You talk about raising an army, but these guys ALLREADY HAVE armies, think about what they are gonna do in that tournaround time. I mean your not gonna be raising a private army over-night. Look what happened when the USSR fell , the russion mob basicaly dominated the economy, now think of this on a world scale.