Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 10:00 PM

Default FPS with top pair?

SB is above average but not great and is a TAG
BB is donk

Paradise Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 09-09-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Re: FPS with top pair?

Impossible to analyze this play without reads. Is BB dumb enough to bet T9 here? 76? Is SB going to fold AT or KT to a river raise? If yes to the first question, does SB know this and is your image one where SB will put you on 97 or one where will SB will be suspicious and look you up with a hand that beats yours?

It's possible this is a very good play. It's also possible that it's just a silly spew. Really hard to judge without reads, sorry.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:26 PM

I think sb folds a better hand nearly never. But it is also unlikely that he checks a better hand. I think I would just call because I dont expect sb to have a worse hand he can call two with and who knows what ass has.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:20 AM

A fairly likely scenario here is that the TAG has just missed his flush/overs and that the big blind is betting because he is stupid and thinks he might be able to steal this pot. He will call the raise with a ton of hands that you beat. I don't really see how the TAG is checking anything that beats you on this river unless he's the worst value bettor ever.

I think I'd probably just call, but I actually like this raise.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:10 AM

What hand can you put SB on besides spades or KT, assuming he's a decent TAG
Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What hand can you put SB on besides spades or KT, assuming he's a decent TAG

[/ QUOTE ]

spades, perhaps J9s, KT/QT/JT/T9, rarely AA. I dont think any of the Tx/AA checks the river, so basically just busted draws or other erratically played stuff. I agree with cartman that the rare times he has a better hand he's not folding it and he usually just has a busted draw so call and hope you snap a bluff from donkey.

Surf