Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Slowrolled by K-high

This is actually pretty minor in the bad beat scheme of things, but it really got under my skin for some reason.

I'm playing in a tournament at the Commerce, $330 plus rebuys and addons. I've been getting beat up a bit, and now have around 2500 chips, blinds are 100/200/25.

I have 55 in the CO+2. I raise to 600, which I think is kind of dubious with this awkward stack size, guy on my left cold calls, BB calls.

Flop comes 972 rainbow. Not a bad flop for 55. BB checks, I shove.

Guy on my left, thinks and thinks, looks at me, thinks some more and calls. BB folds.

I flip over 55. Guy on my left looks at me and smirks. "That's what I thought you had.", he said. I know I'm crushed. He rolls over his cards one by on with a dramatic pause, Kd,
... and ... Qd!

Of course, a Q falls on the turn and I am busto!

I ask him what he was thinking, he says "I only called because that was what I put you on, I knew what you had." He smiles triumphantly.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Slowrolled by K-high

I got slowrolled by a better 9 high at a card club in NYC.

crazy crazy on tilt guy raises to 100 dark (game is 1-2nl) everyone folds to me so i call on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

flop comes 356r, one club.

he checks i bet 400 he pushes for 1000, i call. pretty sure my overcards are good if i need them.

anyway, turn and river K, A total blanks... he looks at his cards and says "8 high" so i triumphantly turn over my 97. He stares at the board, stares at his hand, stares again at the board, flips his 98 and says "oops, misread my hand" and scoops 2k with 98 high.