Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 12:49 PM

Default AQo hand,

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

No reads.

Should I folded the flop?

What about the turn bet?
Old 09-09-2006, 12:53 PM

Default Re: AQo hand,

My read is that UTG is holding a J and is hanging around to catch his 5 outer. After his call on the turn, I don't think its worth betting the river.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:00 PM

i'd take the freebie on the turn. def check riv as played.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:04 PM

I am not sure I get the turn bet. His checking the turn makes his flop bet look just like a continuation bet, so maybe he just has UI overs? If he had a jack wouldn't he bet the turn as well, because I don't think the 8 of diamonds would be slowing him down.

His pre-flop 3 betting range would probably include TT-AA and AQ-AK and what else?
Old 09-09-2006, 01:08 PM

UTG limped PF?
Old 09-09-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG limped PF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I am retarded. I thought the villain was sb.

I am an idiot, and I have no idea what to do now.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:57 PM

I think that you played it fine. On the flop, our hand is at the bottom of a normal SB 3bet range but you are getting 12:1 to peel. You also have position.

On the turn, both of them checked to you so I would think that a bet would win the pot here at least once in 7.5 times. The pot is big enough to take a shot and we may actually have the best hand. If not, we might get an AK or a small pair to fold.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you played it fine. On the flop, our hand is at the bottom of a normal SB 3bet range but you are getting 12:1 to peel. You also have position.

On the turn, both of them checked to you so I would think that a bet would win the pot here at least once in 7.5 times. The pot is big enough to take a shot and we may actually have the best hand. If not, we might get an AK or a small pair to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not as enthusiastic about the flop call, despite the biggish pot.

You dont have a read on SB, so I would consider how your hand compares against a reasonable 3-betting range.

AA - no outs, KK - 2 outs, QQ - no outs, JJ - no outs, TT - 6 outs, AK - 2 outs.

Most of the time you will have few outs, and even if you do pair one of your hole cards, you could still easily be beaten.

I agree that its tempting to bet the turn when checked to. However, I doubt whether you have much fold equity when a blank falls on the turn, after you just called on the flop.

So, as played I would also just check behind on the turn.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AA - no outs, KK - 2 outs, QQ - no outs, JJ - no outs, TT - 6 outs, AK - 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have 3 outs against QQ. Of course, the peel is thin, but I think that it is correct with another player in the hand and our good position.

[ QUOTE ]
However, I doubt whether you have much fold equity when a blank falls on the turn, after you just called on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did raise pf.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 PM

I like the way you played it. The SB checking the turn is weak in my opinion. The guy should have fired again right there. When he relents and the limper checks you made the right play by betting. Aggression wins. You earned the free river card so you took it. If you're beat he'll call anyway. If he busted his draw he'll fold. I like the way you played it.