Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 04:15 PM

Default Major software screwup at Party Poker

I am an affiliate, and one of my players had the following happen to him just a little while ago at a rebuy tournament at Party Poker:

He was on the big blind with the blinds at something pretty large (it was an hour into a speed tournament). The hand was played, and on the next hand, instead of the big blind moving to the player on his left, the BB was on HIM again. Same table, same players in the same seats: the BB did not move to the left - it was on Our Hero a second time in a row.

Next hand, same thing happened. He had the big blind three hands in a row -- the extra two big blinds that should not have hit him ate up about a third of his stack, and he busted out soon after.

He called phone support, and the woman tried to tell him that this "happens sometimes to make up for the changing number of players at the table" (a lie). Then she offered him $5 back!!! -- it was a $2 rebuy tourney, and this accounted for a fraction of the money he spent on it, not to mention the time and frustration.

Anyway, I am awaiting the hand histories. I consider this to be an inexcusable error. Any suggestions? Of course I have an email out to Party (and will follow up with the HHs as soon as my player emails them to me). Has anyone had this problem before? How is it possible that they are not bending over backwards apologizing about this grievous error?

Are there any forums regularly read by PP reps?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Rocketeer
Old 09-08-2006, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Major software screwup at Party Poker

Can anyone else contribute to this query? Has this happened to anyone else? I had heard of it before but did not believe it, butthis sounds for real. It certainly is not "supposed" to happen, but if it happens at Party even on occaswion, it is reason enough for me not to play there.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:22 PM

its a party glitch that occurs when ppl change table, search the archives & ull see many other related posts. sry for ur loss
Old 09-08-2006, 08:52 PM

it has happened to me before too. It's a well known party glitch. They just don't care, I emailed them the hand histories and they gave me a $25 bonus, and then said they'd "fix it" LOL
Old 09-08-2006, 09:54 PM

Jesus, Party sucks...

God, why do people still play there when there are sites out there with much better software, support, rake, rakeback and VIP programs?
Their games can't be THAT much softer than others.
Old 09-09-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Their games can't be THAT much softer than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-09-2006, 08:08 AM

i play a lot of mtts and see this happening regularly. It works like this: player 1 on BB busts out. Next hand player 2 gets to post BB and there is no SB. Next hand player 3 is moved into the empty seat and player 3 posts SB, player 2 posts BB.

The error party makes is letting players new to the table post in the SB. They should be forced to sit out 1 hand, to be dealt in behind te button.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:37 AM

I had this happen to me on the bubble,instead of cruising in to the money 2X BB in a row on same table killed me.

nh Party

ToT
Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i play a lot of mtts and see this happening regularly. It works like this: player 1 on BB busts out. Next hand player 2 gets to post BB and there is no SB. Next hand player 3 is moved into the empty seat and player 3 posts SB, player 2 posts BB.

The error party makes is letting players new to the table post in the SB. They should be forced to sit out 1 hand, to be dealt in behind te button.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't the BB move clockwise like it's supposed to? Is it that big a sin for a new player to come in on the button? Surely it is worse to make a player pay 2 BBs.

-R
Old 09-09-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

He was on the big blind with the blinds at something pretty large (it was an hour into a speed tournament). The hand was played, and on the next hand, instead of the big blind moving to the player on his left, the BB was on HIM again. Same table, same players in the same seats: the BB did not move to the left - it was on Our Hero a second time in a row.

Next hand, same thing happened. He had the big blind three hands in a row --

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't seem to be the same glitch that people are explaining. Perhaps the player reported it to the OP incorrectly. The HH's would be nice.