Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 03:43 PM

Default 5/10 AA FOLD NUT FULL HOUSE?????????

OK so I am playing my normal game of raising lots, 3betting lots, etc etc. Villain in this hand is MrSchmoo, who I view as a solid TAG. He views me as me, meaning crazy a lot, but not dumb (in this situation at least) and certainly not stupid enough to bluff here. I will post my thoughts in a little.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($1142.50)
MP ($1402.50)
Button ($995)
SB ($975)
Hero ($2414.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $40</font>, MP calls $40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $160</font>, UTG calls $130, MP calls $130.

Flop: ($515) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: ($515) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $150</font>, Hero calls $150, UTG calls $150.

River: ($965) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $300</font>, UTG calls $822.50 (All-In), MP folds, Hero cries and?

PS. Don't tell me to bet the flop, because you weren't sitting in the game.

PSS: Don't reply if you're gonna tell me something from a vacuum.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM

Default Re: 5/10 AA FOLD NUT FULL HOUSE?????????

I see nothing wrong with how you played that. If he had the K he had the K and you cant really do anything about that. Its pretty much impossible to fold the second nuts here unless you have a great read on the player.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 PM

Yo.

Pretty interesting, especially with the way you played it by checking the flop and turn. I don't understand why he would check the turn with quads with one player left to act who he has no reason to assume will bet. Then you made sort of a blocking bet on the river and all of a sudden he comes to life and pushes.

You're getting about 4-1 on a call and given how badly you underrepresented your hand I think you should call, but it's close.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:52 PM

I was gonna write out a longish post, but i found that most of it made no sense.

...so i'll leave it at this. The only K he can have here is AK. Youve underrepped your hand here and i think theres a decent chance he's value betting with QQ/JJ/TT
Old 09-08-2006, 03:53 PM

I would expect a str8 forward TAG to bet Kx on that flop. I think he is overplaying QQ or making a bluff enough to call profitably.

I don't consider a bluff here to be "stupid", and I would expect him to be bluffing up to 10% of the time.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would expect a str8 forward TAG to bet Kx on that flop. I think he is overplaying QQ or making a bluff enough to call profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-08-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was gonna write out a longish post, but i found that most of it made no sense.

...so i'll leave it at this. The only K he can have here is AK. Youve underrepped your hand here and i think theres a decent chance he's value betting with QQ/JJ/TT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this is nutty for a number of reasons.

1. OP 3 bets a LOT. He could have total air on flop and gave up against two callers - for Shmoo to bet flop here, he needs to have a huge hand because he's in between the PFRR and another caller.

2. MP bet small, OP c/c'd, then UTG overcalled? How can UTG rule out anyone having a king, and how can he overcall with a pair like JJ to push the river? Answer: he has the king himself. He's not scared of MP or OP - he has the king, if you folded, good fold GREG - if that is your real name.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:01 PM

Flop check is standard. Villains without king have to fear AK from you. Turn c/c is fine, but with turn overcall from UTG, i'm definitely c/f river or maybe small bet/fold. NO WAY UTG is on QQ/JJ here, come on.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:06 PM

The range of villain here is ridiculous. That pot is ridiculously huge, and hes faced with a bet a third of the size of the pot. I'd reraise that all in with 7 2. He could have quads, because he knew he could trap you. If he doesn't have the quads, and he did make this raise with JJ, I dont even think he thinks his J's are good, only that you believe he might have a K and he has a big chance to take down a big pot. The small turn bet and river bet I think indicate he has a high percentage chance of you folding. Would you have folded with a 3x raise on turn?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:08 PM

So did he have the King?

Did you call?