Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2006, 02:52 PM

Default AK on missed board.

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, 3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3, folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.6SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.3BB, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to MP2.

Results:
Final pot: 6.3BB

PF and flop is standard?
Should I have called the turn with 4 outs and 6 partial outs? Can I fairly call this 7 outs? Do I have odds to call?
Old 09-08-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Re: AK on missed board.

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.6SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a board where you have some decent outs to most likely the best hand. However your K is tainted since a T now has a straight, your diamond outs are tainted as well. Not that i am saying that they are not good if you hit, but they cannot be countd as full outs.

I do not think leading this flop has a lot of merit. You are OOP and will want to see the turn anyway so leading only gives way to the pot being raised which you do not want in your position.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not think leading this flop has a lot of merit. You are OOP and will want to see the turn anyway so leading only gives way to the pot being raised which you do not want in your position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine having to fold to a raise on the flop, so shouldn't you put that bet in anyways so that way you can at least gauge the strength of your opponents?
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine having to fold to a raise on the flop, so shouldn't you put that bet in anyways so that way you can at least gauge the strength of your opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a toss up, but with the board this coordinated you really aren't going to get any information by leading out and getting raised. If it was heads up I c-bet this all the time, but with 4 in I c/c this and c/f the turn ui.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:08 PM

Bet/folding to a single raise on this flop sucks.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:13 PM

Grunch:

PF: fine
Flop: With three other players, this is a spot to check as this board is likely to hit multiple people. Get to the turn for one bet hopefully. If it's two bets back to you, then your decision is easier.

Turn: Getting 1 to 7.3 on the turn, you can call with about 5 outs (4 Ts, 1 for the discounted As &amp; Ks). I wouldn't mind folding either as this is a pretty marginal decision in my opinion.

Edit: I change my mind to fold. I messed up my calcs. Pot is 7.3 at our decision. We have about 5 outs (discounted). Rule of 2, 5 outs X 2 = 10%. So we're not getting the right odds to call this, even if we get one extra bet implied.

Somebody spank my work here, but I think this is correct.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:14 PM

Call the turn and fold unimproved.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:17 PM

There are only 3 left to act and I don't mind checking or leading out here. What would be your play if you were last to act and it got donked ahead of you? How would callers in between affect your play?
Old 09-08-2006, 03:19 PM

I generally don't like to lead w/ overcards and just a gutshot into 3 opponents. This goes double for this very dangerous board.

I prefer to check/call the flop and check/fold the turn in this case.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:39 PM

i don't like betting this flop OOP with 3 opponnents. What reads do you have? Or stats?