Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:02 AM

Default AAAAAHHHHH! Would someone shut Mark Seif Up?

I can't stand it anymore. I decided to give the PPT final table one last try but how can anyone enjoy this show with Seif and the other guy constantly telling us how great the PPT is on every single friggin card to be drawn. For the first time ever I actually muted the sound on a tourney but I wanted to hear Daniel's and Eric's banter.

Mark Seif (and the other guy): STFU!!!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Re: AAAAAHHHHH! Would someone shut Mark Seif Up?

Stop whining like a woman. Just like any good tv host they are promoting the product they are a part of.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:46 AM

Location: Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

I DVR it and skip past all the intros/outros and just get to the hands. MUCH more enjoyable that way.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:05 AM

and his co-host: "Remember, these are professionals. Do not try this at home!!"

Seif: "Hahahahaha"

Old 09-07-2006, 03:09 AM

I watched a little tonight and have to agree they make Mike Sexton and VVP look great. in all honesty tho, I dont care for either program anymore. HSP is where its at.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 AM

I didn't listen to much of the commentary, but there was one comment one of them made which was completely result orientated. On the hand with Eric's K 10 vs A Q on the A K 10 flop. I don't remember the exact action because i was doing other things, but I know Eric didn't reraise, The turn was an A and Eric folded to his bet. Then one of them said something like "alot of people would have re raised on the flop, and if they did they would be out the door".
Old 09-07-2006, 03:29 AM

They are so terrible. I can't even watch this show.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:01 AM

Poker is probably the sport/subject with the worst TV production & commentators in the history of Television.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 AM

They don't bother me at all. Like others have said they are there to promote a product. Heck even the players are doing it.

Lindgren talks about how it is a huge deal to be there. I forget his words but it was smart. Playing in a freeroll and trying to pump it up.

IMHO, You can tell it isn't very important to the players. They're all goofing off and (some) are playing a lot looser.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't listen to much of the commentary, but there was one comment one of them made which was completely result orientated. On the hand with Eric's K 10 vs A Q on the A K 10 flop. I don't remember the exact action because i was doing other things, but I know Eric didn't reraise, The turn was an A and Eric folded to his bet. Then one of them said something like "alot of people would have re raised on the flop, and if they did they would be out the door".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..that pissed me off something fierce.

At that moment I turned to my wife and went on a tirade about how check/raising there would have been fine. Raise enough and you may even blast him off his hand. The fact is, I think Lindgren misplayed the flop. I liked the check, Bigler is aggressive and would usually bet, which he did. But then just calling? He needed to define his hand right there and find out where he's at. Check/raise and see what happens. You will find out really quickly whether Bigler has AA/KK/AK/A10 or just something like AQ/AJ.

Now I do understand that Lindgren may have been waiting for the turn to go nuts on Bigler if a blank came. Then when the Ace fell and Bigler bet, he knew he was sunk. He had to have Bigler on at least AQ/AJ. I just don't agree with the play, I personally feel popping the flop here would have been right.

Seif saying that he played it correctly because the Ace fell on the turn and other players woulda been out the door is just horrific.