Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 04:59 PM

Default Quick Preflop Question: J8s in the BB

This was a hand from my review session, and my review partner and I have differing opinions on this. PFR range for MP3 is more or less standard tag range. It seems that I have trouble with these sometimes marginal situations in the BB where I hold two suited cards:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero...

If your answer is call: How crappy do our two suited cards need to be to make this a fold if any?
If you answer is fold: How much do our two suited cards have to improve to make this a call?
Old 09-06-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Quick Preflop Question: J8s in the BB

There are 5.5 bets in right now, you have to call 1.5 more. Two more players will likelt call so at least 7.5:1.5 or 5:1 with the possibility of BB calls to be 5.67:1. You are in perfect position to c/r any strong flop so I say call. J8s is about my limit, T8s, Q8s or K9s with two players in and a raise. Had the raiser been first or middle, this would be a harder call and I might require the suited card to be a 9.

Edit: I misread this as in the SB, in the BB, any two suited cards get a call from me when there are other players in the pot.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:07 PM

I've never made it higher than 1/2 but being getting 7.5:1 (assuming both limpers call, which they usually do) I'm calling this with pretty much any suited face card and probably any suited connector. I don't play suited 1 gappers enough so would probably fold them, but am not convinced it is right.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:20 PM

I say call. We're getting 4.5-1 on our money not counting that we should get at least 1 of the other limpers if not both to come along. This is an easy hand to get away from on the flop but when it hits it can be very profitable. For 1SB PF this is a good hand to play.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:07 PM

I would call this. I would fold J6s, but I don't have any math to back that up. I'd call with any suited connector above and including 54s, any suited 2 gappers above and including 68s. I don't have any math to back any of this up.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:44 PM

With two limpers in, I'm probably calling. It's right on the borderline for me.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 PM

I call. You've got two limpers who will almost always call. It's a 2 gapper giving you some str8 possibilities and it's easy to play post flop, even out of position.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 AM

I agree with what most people have posted. With the high probability of the 2 limpers calling and the ease of playing the hand and releasing it post flop, I will call the raise.