Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 11:13 PM

Default I almost made had huge mistake

Great 20 game. Folded to me in MP and I open with 99. Loose passive BB calls. Sorry I don’t remember the suits but they were irrelevant and villian isn’t the type to get fancy with draws.

Flop 236r. Check bet call

Turn 9. BB checks, I bet, BB raises, I 3 bet, he 4 bets, I call.

River J. BB bets and I almost fold. Yeah there is only one hand I can’t beat but he must have it right? This is Bay 101, home of the loose passive 20/40. I almost hand read myself into stupidity. He tables 63o and MHIG.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:19 AM

Default Re: I almost made had huge mistake

hmm, there are two hands that you cant beat...i think the reiver is closer to a raise than it is to a fold...i think raise/call is best...
Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

5BET THE TURN.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:29 AM

Folding would be like putting money in a blender and then giving someone the blender for nothing.

5balla the turn
Old 09-06-2006, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folding would be like putting money in a blender and then giving someone the blender for nothing.

5balla the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

5 balling the turn against a loose passive is also putting money in a blender. There's a reason we call them loose passive.

b
Old 09-06-2006, 04:19 PM

For a good 6 months I was missing out on a ton of money not playing my hands very aggro against LP's live*. I put his range at any set, any 2pair, or 45 here so I go to 5 town and promise the dealer a $20 tip if he 6bets and the river makes me a winner.

* I would say that I was winning like 2 or 3 bets more when I was right and losing 1 more when I was wrong (on average). Got better at being right and it's made my live poker playing much more profitable overall.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For a good 6 months I was missing out on a ton of money not playing my hands very aggro against LP's live*. I put his range at any set, any 2pair, or 45 here so I go to 5 town and promise the dealer a $20 tip if he 6bets and the river makes me a winner.

* I would say that I was winning like 2 or 3 bets more when I was right and losing 1 more when I was wrong (on average). Got better at being right and it's made my live poker playing much more profitable overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be hesitant to call someone who goes 4 bets on the turn with 2 pair or bottom set a loose passive.

b
Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be hesitant to call someone who goes 4 bets on the turn with 2 pair or bottom set a loose passive.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would say you and I have very different table images
Old 09-06-2006, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't either.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would say you and I have very different table images

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you define passive? What is your description of a loose passive player?

You may be thinking of loose-passive in regards to others aggression on your table.

A typical loose passive is one that bets with top pair, but slows down to any aggression played back at them. 2 pair they'll 3 bet the flop. Maybe cap. Sets/trips, they'll wait to the turn, if reraised and they don't have top set, or the board has hit a draw, they'll slow down. They fear monsters. They, generally, only go 3 or 4 bets on the turn with the nuts or near nuts.

The only draw they bet with is a monster draw. Other than that, they don't do free card or value raises with lesser, but stronger draws. One of the things that's so profitable about them is how predictable they are.

b