Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 01:58 PM

Default TT awful flop OOP

BB and CO are both huge calling stations. BB is 75/8/1 w/ 66% WTSD, and CO is 75/0/0.4 with 43% WTSD. Button is a little more sane at 50/8/0.71 and 41% WTSD.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6SB, 4 players)
Hero ???

Is check folding this too weak?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:09 PM

Default Re: TT awful flop OOP

Check-fold this and don't even give it another thought.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:16 PM

itīs perfeclt fine...
Old 09-05-2006, 02:18 PM

I can't believe someone actually said check fold. The chance that your hand is good right now is quite high given the VPIP of your opponents. They are calling stations, bet all the way through to the river and make them pay you off with 7 high. You can reassess if you run into resistance--with AF that low they aren't going to play back at you unless they are really strong (if your numbers are good).
Old 09-05-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe someone actually said check fold. The chance that your hand is good right now is quite high given the VPIP of your opponents. They are calling stations, bet all the way through to the river and make them pay you off with 7 high. You can reassess if you run into resistance--with AF that low they aren't going to play back at you unless they are really strong (if your numbers are good).

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant believe it either! W.Deranged must be [censored] crazy! Oh by the way, I check/fold also.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice for people wanting to become a losing player.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:34 PM

The losing play is to check fold this to j2o 54s and k3o giving free cards the entire way. After you have 200,000+ hands of winning at these stakes I'll consider input to the contrary (and I'll still let you know you are wrong). Good luck giving those free cards out.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 PM

lol deadmoney314 lol
Old 09-05-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol deadmoney314 lol

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope you are lol because of the previous posts from others that were low on thought and high on flame. In any case, blind arrogance in these forums seems to be the norm so I'll adjust by following suit.
None of you considered that these opponents play literally any two with those stats (including the button because of his position). If you'd like to argue that point, I'll just let you impale yourself jumping off the bridge of ignorance and landing on the spikes of stupidity.
Given that, what are the odds that 6 random cards don't include an A or a Q (we'll get to KK JJ &amp; 99 which are all less likely with pfr of 8% on two of your opp). There are over 15 million combinations, over 5 million of which have your opponents with no A or Q. It comes out to around 33% which is more than enough to throw out a flop bet which has two benefits, you are betting when you are ahead, you are also getting information (whether or not you can use this information is a debatable point but none of you were that far ahead in this thread to begin that debate). Some of you may already notice the problems of KK, JJ &amp; 99, again less likely given the play but your opponents will have these hands ~95% of the time (generous estimate). This should come out to being ahead over 30% of the time and against calling stations that will pay you off with 6 high at the river. All of this without considering the remote possibility that you may eventually get a Q to fold down the line or hit a backdoor draw or set.
Even if you lose this hand, you are not going to get raised with those AFs meaning you will be charged minimum on your losses. Your opponents will be even more willing to call you down in future rounds if they see you lose this pot which is great because you don't plan on bluffing calling stations anyway. This line has the added future benefit of encouraging their bad play if they did outflop you.
In any case, bet this flop most of the time if not all the time, the turn will have to be a new decision based on what happens on the flop and how scary or helpful the turn is. If someone wants to entertain waiting for a favorable turn card to bet to reduce pot odds for draws to make the calling stations commit a larger mistake, I would be willing to listen but probably still disagree. For those who immediately reject it all and say check fold with confidence, good luck to you, you'll need it!