Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 03:55 PM

Default To far with AA

Both opponents are loose aggressive. Should of I called the two bets on the river.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 01-25-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: To far with AA

Against two LAGs you're stuck calling this river You're probably beat, but I don't trust that you're beat &gt;90% of the time. NH.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:00 PM

It's a huge pot and I'd kill myself if I folded the best hand. But what could SB raise the river with that we beat? Getting 10:1 to call (but MP1 could still reraise) I think we can be over 90% certain we are beat here, I think you fold.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:04 PM

Fold it. Looks like MP1 has a ten and I wouldn't be surprised if SB has QQ. I'd call one bet on that river but not two.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Looks good to me, PizzaGuy.

SB's betting is contradictory in some sense regardless of his holding. Whenever I see that in a hand and I have a decent holding, I'm going to disregard their betting a little more than usual. The example in this hand is the river C/R by the SB. I'd see this as nothing more than highly annoying and make the call grumbling.

MP, with his betting appears to be holding a ten, but with a loose aggressive it's not a certainty and with AA you need to see it.

If one of these players were tight, then we could talk about a possible fold, but against two LAGs your hand will be good much more than the 10-12% of the time it needs to be good in order to make a call +EV. 20BB in the pot you need to call 2, add a couple percent for the possibility of a three bet/cap, both of which I'd strongly consider calling against LAGs.

One more thought on the hand:

Some LAGs will raise the turn if they pick up a flush draw. So if aggression on the turn occurs along with a possible flush draw hitting on the turn, increase your calling percentage/raising percentages slightly for that hand.

Nice hand, well played. You needn't win the hand this particular time to make your playing of it correct, but fwiw, I think everything you did is reasonable at worst.

soda

PS - Looking forward to the game next Saturday, glad you can come with.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:40 PM

SB is really confused. I can't even imagine what MP1 could have besides a T, it's the only thing that makes any sense (of course, I play at these same tables, these guys don't exist in the same logical universe as you and I.) I think I have to fold on the river, although I probably have to go buy a new mouse (at best) or a new monitor (at worst) if he doesn't have a T.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 PM

As usual when blind posting I misread/omitted part of the OP. Even though their LAGs, I still don't think we're best 1 in 10 here. However, I think it's possible that we're best, and I'm gonna lose a whole lot more than 2 BB when I go on my tilt after I fold the best hand here.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:40 PM

Nice hand. With a pot of that size it would be very hard to lay down AA. MP1 may have a T and the SB probably had a pair of Q. (just my thoughts) I think you played it well.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:16 PM

*Grunch*

Been there done that.

Standard PF play with the bullets.

Good play on the flop, it wasn't capped so it looks like you are still ahead.

MP1 wakes up here.. he must have a T. He could be pumping a flush draw since the pot is getting big. You have to call. How many outs do we have now? Maybe 3, two Aces and possibly a T. Scratch that, the Ah maybe be bad. More like 2.

I guess you have to make the crying call. Can you fold it here?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 PM

Flop:
Based on your opponent closing the action Preflop there is a good chance he will bet as a continuation. Then check raise him

Turn:
After my check raise on flop I'm leading turn and work from there

River:
Thats a lot of action just to be bluffing each other especially since there are 3 people playing the hand aggressively.

If you have a true read they are loose and aggressive very loose then a call might be in order.
My gut feel says fold it but I would struggle to let it go.