Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Becoming a New Party Affiliate?

I've noticed that some affiliates seem to get more money than party advertises. Are they doing this by collecting a few percent more having a dummy affiliate refer them or something?

Anyone have any tips in getting started?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Becoming a New Party Affiliate?

Once you have shown a poker site that you are capable of bringing them high volumes of MGR and new players you can negotiate new deals.

Tim
www.ReduceTheRake.com
Old 01-25-2006, 04:21 PM

In any business, if you perform over a long period of time, you're going to be treated better than the average person. I'm sure some affiliates are able to receive more than the 20-25% listed on Party's site. Just like some affiliates are going to be able to get more than $65-75 for each CPA signup due to a strong player value.

However, I would highly recommend that any new affiliate sign up as a sub-affiliate under an established affiliate. I didn't do this when I signed up at Party(a few years ago) and it has cost me a lot of money. I wouldn't recommend using a dummy account because the dummy account will likely be suspended/frozen if it is not active. Another advantage to signing up as a sub-affiliate is that you can get some great advice from your parent affiliate at no extra cost to you.

You could also sign up through a site like www.affiliateEV.com, which is run by a group of long-term affiliates(myself included). You get the benefits of being a high volume affiliate from the time you sign up.

Hope this helps.

Cup
Old 01-25-2006, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would highly recommend that any new affiliate sign up as a sub-affiliate under an established affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.
Why do you say this has cost you a lot of money?
Is it because you could have gotten the parent affil to kick you back some of the extra 4% that he would have earned for your players?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:11 PM

That's definitely a big part of it. I realize now that I would have gone a lot further in this business in a much shorter amount of time if I had a knowledgeable affiliate that could have given me direction and answered my questions.

At the time, the list of reputable people that could have helped me was very short. Now, I think that has changed considerably.

Cup