Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Combatting collusion

Just recently I reported a couple of suspected cases of collusion on the crypto site - either could have been
innocent, but since I don't have considerable confidence in the policing of the poker room I feel the need to be extra vigilant. They claimed, due to the data protection act, they couldn't tell me whether the alleged offenders were found guilty or not of collusion or whether they were 'warned'. Not very satisfying. Moreover a thread posted a couple of months ago relating to alleged collusion in a high stakes game illustrated a worryingly a lack of judgement among support staff of what collusion entails. Given the likely growth and increased sophistication of collusion, my question is are we not, to an extent better off policing ourselves? By that I mean the availability, at some time after the hand say +T hours/days, of complete hand histories of all players hands. Now I realise there is significant downside, it's an uncomfortable thought - not least educating our opponents* and some mindless hysteria - but there are naturally pluses too and besides it's hardly groundbreaking to reveal holecards not showdown either on the net or live.
It hasn't destroyed the games of great players to have had their hole cards regularly exposed to the masses.

Consider the effort and judgement that knowedgeable players could apply, although unfortunately we must consider the effort and judgement of unknowledgable players. At least, in the matter of collusion, players could make there own judgements on complete hand-information, even if the sites didn't support that judgement. Once again it comes down to trade-off, there could be real problems, but also considerable benefit.

I'd expect everyone to instinctively hate the idea.

chaos

* although the cardrooms would benefit if this were true- anything that reduces skill-variance.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Combatting collusion

I'd love to know what grounds they were denying you that information under the Data Protection Act.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Combatting collusion

That was to be another post or question - the only justification I gleaned was because s/he might be innocent and so it was 'unfair'.