Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 10:51 PM

Default 50NL - Full Ring - KK Hand, lots of turn action

Here is an intersting hand from a session today. I was a little concerned on the turn raise.

Thoughts?

What do you put the villan on. His stats were ~ 40/10/2.5 over 30 hands.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $1.5</font>, 6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($12.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

On the flop I am looking to put in a check raise. I put the villan on AK, AQ, AA and QQ given his call of my big limp reraise preflop.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($12.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $39</font>, Hero calls.

He didn't bet the turn, so I am not thinking AA, in which case, unless he is holding a flush I am in good shape. I put in a good check raise. On the reraise, I am thinking 'oh crap' it could be AA, but more likely AK.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($90.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $13.2</font>, MP1 calls.

River is meaningless, all the money is basically in, the 13.20 left is just a formality.

Results:
Final pot: $116.65

Thoughts?

Margon
Old 09-03-2006, 11:14 PM

Default Re: 50NL - Full Ring - KK Hand, lots of turn action

[ QUOTE ]
Here is an intersting hand from a session today. I was a little concerned on the turn raise.

Thoughts?

What do you put the villan on. His stats were ~ 40/10/2.5 over 30 hands.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $1.5</font>, 6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($12.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

On the flop I am looking to put in a check raise. I put the villan on AK, AQ, AA and QQ given his call of my big limp reraise preflop.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($12.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $39</font>, Hero calls.

He didn't bet the turn, so I am not thinking AA, in which case, unless he is holding a flush I am in good shape. I put in a good check raise. On the reraise, I am thinking 'oh crap' it could be AA, but more likely AK.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($90.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $13.2</font>, MP1 calls.

River is meaningless, all the money is basically in, the 13.20 left is just a formality.

Results:
Final pot: $116.65

Thoughts?

Margon

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the flop for sure. Push the turn, unless you think you are beat at that point with this villain...I dunno...somehow, if he's got a VP$P of 40, I'm not so sure your range of hands is wide enough.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:43 PM

Bet that flop. Since you didn't, shove that turn(after he 3-bets). If he flopped a flush or a set of AA, congrats. If he has AQ with the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], good luck.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:58 AM

Giving a free card on the flop is bad. Always bet in that spot. Anytime someone 3-bets preflop and then checks the flop, I check behind. People love using this line when they have a strong hand.