Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Is this hand played correctly ?

Please excuse my newbness, I am trying to get my flush draw hands up to scratch - how is this effort ?

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB
Old 09-03-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Is this hand played correctly ?

Why didn't you bet the turn? What are your reads on these guy's? What is SB showing down? Does he often 3-bet or cap then check the flop?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:13 PM

I also would have bet the turn after they both checked to me. Pretty much you are guaranteed to get bet at on the river when you check the turn like this. Why not go on the offensive? It 's likely that neither of them hit too hard with how weak they are playing.

-RW
Old 09-03-2006, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he will lose money if he does?

We have ace high. If BB doesn't have a pair, he has AQ. Will he fold to a bet? Will the other guy? He's probably picked something up here. Will he fold JT for a bet?

So one in five times we hit on the river but four times we don't. You have us paying five turn bets for three that we win. Are villains folding for a bet half the time? If the answer is no, I don't see why we don't just take the free card. But I'm ready for my beraducation!
Old 09-03-2006, 09:14 PM

Pre-flop: I usually would just cold call the AJs but that depends on what MP3 is like. If he's laggy I raise if he's tighter I just call. Any reads? Also by calling might bring along the BB for the ride with a marginal holding.

Flop: Looks to me like the classic raise for the free card on 4th... good stuff. Also with 4 in the post it's a good equity move too in my opinion particualry with 13 outs to the nuts.

Turn: Check is ok here, take your free card and avoid a check raise from anyone who has a K in their hand.

River: All good. Raise here good. If he's got a house then you'll find out about it quick smart when he three bets you. i doubt you'll see a house here too often, because the flop was pretty cordinated slowplaying a set on the flop is pretty unlikely.

Well thats my skewed analysis....
Old 09-03-2006, 09:15 PM

I figured to be behind so I took the free card, that was my reasoning, but I am new to limit so.... - if you could tell me why I should have bet I would appreciate it. As for my reads, that is pushing the boundaries of my ability at the moment - I can tell you that one was a rough looking chap with a tracksuit on and glasses on his head, the other was a very beautiful young lady with a nice dress and outstanding breasts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2006, 09:24 PM

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't have bet the turn, I'm asking why you didn't after finishing the action with a raise on the flop. Start taking notes on these guy's, I'd love to know what SB capped with then shut down till the river with. You should have a better idea of what MP3 is raising with before 3-betting with AJs as well.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured to be behind so I took the free card, that was my reasoning, but I am new to limit so.... - if you could tell me why I should have bet I would appreciate it. As for my reads, that is pushing the boundaries of my ability at the moment - I can tell you that one was a rough looking chap with a tracksuit on and glasses on his head, the other was a very beautiful young lady with a nice dress and outstanding breasts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol... Can I suggest getting poker tracker and PAHUD or at least Gametime+ . These will help you out with reads and PT is just indespensible if you want to improve your games.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he will lose money if he does?

We have ace high. If BB doesn't have a pair, he has AQ. Will he fold to a bet? Will the other guy? He's probably picked something up here. Will he fold JT for a bet?

So one in five times we hit on the river but four times we don't. You have us paying five turn bets for three that we win. Are villains folding for a bet half the time? If the answer is no, I don't see why we don't just take the free card. But I'm ready for my beraducation!

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads do help but in the absence of that Im going to assume that SB is not a nutjob so his cap preflop means something.

So Im inclined to agree with drzen here. Many ppl at 0.5/1 will call you down here with any peice of the board or a hand they perceive to have some SD value. On the turn I consider the hero to be drawing...

OP, if you missed your [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river what was your plan?
Old 09-03-2006, 09:28 PM

Without any reads other than the fact BB has a hand he doesn't mind calling 3 with- I like the turn check as well with kings pairing up and you on just a draw.

If it is HU I will probably bet as you have a better chance of picking up the pot.