UTG+1: $274.46
MP1: $116.71
Hero: $416.84
MP3: $448.18
CO: $289.10
Button: $155.27
SB: $281.86
BB: $166.83

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $7</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($30, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $28.5</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($115.5, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $112.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 calls all-in $81.21</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $31.29 returned to UTG.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($277.92, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $277.92)

Results:
Final pot: $277.92

UTG seems like a straightforward player. MP1 has been playing holdem here, if you know what I mean. Passive and fishy. I've been playing loose preflop but showed down only solid hands.

Flop: SB checks instantly, giving away his complete miss of the flop. UTG cbets right away, he didn't really pause to think about it. The way I see it, he either decided to cbet preflop, or bet after he saw how it came down. But he certainly didn't take long enough to think how others have hit the flop. He could definitely have AAxx here. Other than that I have no clues. Could be something good too.

MP1 calls right away. Those of you who have watched cardrunners vids know what I'm getting to - he didn't really have a decision to make due to his hand being here good enough to call, but not good enough to consider raising. I put his range on a draw, bottom set or two pair.

I'm not a fan of pushing here, because any hands that call are near coinflip me at best, I can't get any better hands to fold here really and my outs are limited. Also, I don't know what UTG has. With position, I lean towards calling and re-evaluating the turn.

-- How many of you would fold the flop here? Any specific reason for folding other than your hand is "weak" without much room for improvement and the pot is getting big.

Turn:
Blank card and UTG pots it right away. MP1 calls immediately.

At this point I find it much less likely that player holding AAxx would pot instantly. Most of the players would shut down with AAxx here, after two players called on what might seem a likely twopair board. I explored the option of him turning a nutflushdraw and continuing to bet it, but I just couldn't find him doing that. I was leaning towards top set (unlikely holding, but explains the bets) or a high wrap draw. MP1's calls in the sandwitch also troubled me, since he didn't take any time thinking about putting his whole stack on the line here. I came to a conclusion that my two pair wasn't the best hand here and I had only 4 outs for a non-nutstraight and another 4 for full house. I just didn't see the value in calling here, with at least one of the players holding a better draw or set here, so I fold.

Thoughts about my line?

Also, how many would call here if you had 9h instead of a 8h here (no flushdraw)?
What about Kh?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Top two multiway facing a decision 200plo

2 pair is one of the hardest hands to play. I say raise or fold on the flop.