Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 08:51 PM

Default Party Weekly $100,000 Monster Tournament question/rant

Just got bumped out of the weekly - in the low 100's. Granted, I know the prize we are shooting for is the Monthly $1 mil and then the big one, but am I the only one who:

Didn't look at the payouts until late in the tourny and then found it maddenly slow going from the 1000 cut-off for a cash prize of $40 to low low 100th place to only win another $50?

The payouts are so flat that 1000th place gets $40, but 100th place only gets $100. Then 50th gets $110 and 11th gets $120.............

Seems like a lot of work now that I've played in one.
Discuss while I whine like the big dog that I am.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2006, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Party Weekly $100,000 Monster Tournament question/rant

Um....monster is directed at new players/fish. Fish like flat structurs. Party sucks. Look at payout percentages before/during tournies.

Have a nice day.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 PM

oh wow, i have felt bad for skipping these. good thing to know i wasn't missing much
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh wow, i have felt bad for skipping these. good thing to know i wasn't missing much

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am really sorry for missing out on what may be the softest, easiest, largest prize pool tournament ever put up for grabs in a $5 sng qualifier. The weeklys are a joke. You can literally fold your way to a monthly seat - easily worth a few hundred dollars.

Edit: the payout structure is sooo top heavy once you get you monthly seat - just start going all-in. I finished 52nd in todays for $100.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:06 AM

I had registered and then couldn't show up to play. When I got home, I found that I "won" a ticket to another weekly.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:13 AM

tenth place gets $250. thats outrageous. 0.25% for making a final table out of over 4500 people.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:06 AM

Yeah the payout structure is totally whack. Once you get the monthly seat it's almost not worth playing any more unless you have a big stack and a shot at 1st place. pokerstudAA is right, variance it up, trying for 1st place chips, else quit.

ps. crap, this just occurred to me - I hope the grand final tournament doesnt have such a whack structure, with like $15 M for 1st place, $1M for 2nd place, $100 for 3rd place, etc. d'oh that would suck.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:09 AM

I played the weekly today...once I got to 2K players left...I just turned off my computer and spent time with the fiance.

My EV was like $5 (I was short stack open folding AA just trying to get my monthly freeroll) so even if I have double or triple the EV of my opponets that's like $15...meh..whatever...logging in now to see what place I got [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2006, 10:53 AM

The whole MONSTER thing is a scam designed to benefit Party Poker. Period.

The payout structure of these "Freerolls" is done in such a way, to distribute money to as many people as possible so that they continue to play and give it ALL back to Party in the form of Rake.

Even the expected 20 million BIGGEST ONLINE freeroll ever will do the same. Top prize will prob. be no more than 1 million. And the odds of winning it are astroninomical. A solid year of MONSTER bullsh*t ...

PARTY SUCKS!! I hope the site collapses. It's time to crown a new king. Pokerstars is far superior.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Even the expected 20 million BIGGEST ONLINE freeroll ever will do the same. Top prize will prob. be no more than 1 million. And the odds of winning it are astroninomical. A solid year of MONSTER bullsh*t ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing they won't do that, because the marketing department will want a huge number they can use when it's time to market the next MON$TER promotion.

Then again, they might want to talk about how many people became millionaires because of the monster, in which case they would flatten it out more. Whatever they do, it will be based on marketing first and a good payout structure for the players second.