Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 08:38 PM

Default help me learn to beat full ring

i am a winning player on 6-max plo. over 50k hands i am winning, but at full ring(only 10k hands so far) i am getting my ass handed to me. what gives?

My usualy strategy at 6-max is:
preflop, raise any good hards, and when in position, raise w/ alot more. if ive raised preflop, i go ahead and fire a psb on the flop. if im played back at and i have a decent hand/decent draw, i keep going, if not, im done w/ it.

ive used this strategy at fullring at party 100pl and it has not been working at all. my c-bets have no fold eqiuty, and im consistantly looked up by bottom 2 pair almost every time. How do you approach full ring plo games? do you raise alot preflop, or limp more? Post flop, do you bluff alot, or just nut peddle? thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Re: help me learn to beat full ring

[ QUOTE ]

ive used this strategy at fullring at PARTY 100pl and it has not been working at all

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that'd do it

in all seriousness cut down the c-bets... look to bluff on later streets should help.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:13 PM

When people will call you with anything, nut peddling is the only strategy that makes sense. You can make reads and moves on a few individual players (there is commonly one maniac and a few call boxes you can play poker against.) I do best at the lower levels (where I mostly live) when I assume everyone at the table a drunk, retarded monkey playing on a stolen credit card.

Thats party omaha at that level though. I really miss the 6 max PLO tables they ended last year.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:24 PM

Check more flops after raising preflop. Take free cards more liberally on the turn. Raise your starting hand standards signifigantly after even one limper. Etc.

Post some hands where you got owned in this thread or the low-content thread preferably.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ive used this strategy at fullring at party 100pl and it has not been working at all. my c-bets have no fold eqiuty, and im consistantly looked up by bottom 2 pair almost every time. How do you approach full ring plo games? do you raise alot preflop, or limp more? Post flop, do you bluff alot, or just nut peddle? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I would focus a lot on
1) how many people are seeing the flop
2) who is seeing the flop and what they will play and how they will play it

And if you identify people will look you up with just about anything use this to your advantage, i.e. bet fully when you have the nuts, bet your good draws when they'll have all kinds of implied odds.

Lastly, if 5-6 people are going to see every pot, regardless of whether it is raised, I would bet less than full pot preflop with all premium hands. If you have a normal mix of normal and short stacks, then you won't have enough money to outplay people on the flop and turn.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:19 PM

great advice thanks, ill definitly work on that.