Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Majestic Star II Gary game changes

Went down to Majestic Star II yesterday and they are running different games than they were last weekend. The changes I remember:

2/5 NL now has 100 min/300 max buyin (used to be 200 max)
5/10 NL with 600 max (don't remember the min)
new 1/2 NL with 40 min/100 max, $6/half hour charge

... and no more 6/12 limit, but instead 5/10 with full kill (to 10/20). According to the floor, they made this last move because it seems like a smaller jump from 3/6 to 5/10. I'm not sure it makes a difference, as they had 2 tables of 5/10 running, which they usually had of 6/12 anyway.

They have been running 3/6 limit Omaha recently, which is nice, and they have an interest list for 10/20 holdem with a half kill -- I put my name on, but it was a pretty pointless gesture, especially since the other 5 people on the list were the other good 5/10 players.

I don't think the limit changes mean much, but it's certainly possible that the new 1/2 NL game will take a bunch of the worst players out of the 2/5 -- that said, they only had 1 1/2 table running last night, though they were pimping it pretty hard.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Majestic Star II Gary game changes

5/10 NLHE has a 200 min buy-in with 600 max buy-in. I think they only had one table of that game going yesterday, too.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:10 AM

This is great news...I have been waiting for the 1/2 NL game to develope here. Its big in St Louis. It will attract the players that are clueless. I did fine at the old ATM game, but since we added triplets to the family my bank roll has been well under 1K this game is doable with a few buy ins in the pocket. I will be going next week sometime, I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:08 AM

The 5/10 NLHE is 300 min 600 max $8 charge per 1/2 hr.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:33 PM

I am happy they moved the 2/5 max to 300, but the addition of the 1/2 game may take away some of the terrible players from the 2/5 game, which is not good (for me).
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 PM

Sorry to say same morons playing at the table.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am happy they moved the 2/5 max to 300, but the addition of the 1/2 game may take away some of the terrible players from the 2/5 game, which is not good (for me).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you...believe me I would rather play the ATM game, but since my roll is low <1K$ The limits will be great for me. This game is super popular almost every where else I have played -Tunica, St Louis, vegas, etc... Its about time it came here. The players who just wanna "try" what they see on tv, this will suit them. Going Thrsday night, look for the 6'3" 300lb goteed guy with a White sox 2005 AL championship hat on...give me a "sup bro" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2006, 07:26 AM

Late last night, there were 2 tables of 1/2 NL going. Perhaps there was some influx from the V103 tournament ($25k for first) that was going on, I don't know.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2/5 NL now has 100 min/300 max buyin (used to be 200 max)

[/ QUOTE ]
That's actually nice, one of the more player-friendly changes I've seen at a Chicago room in recent memory. (Don't laugh, Vegas residents. Jumping from 40- to 60-BB buy-ins is very unusual in small stakes live NL games almost anywhere in Not-Vegas.)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, the humanity. Playing nine-handed (ha!), that's more than one buy-in off the table and down the hole per hour.

[ QUOTE ]
no more 6/12 limit, but instead 5/10 with full kill... According to the floor, they made this last move because it seems like a smaller jump from 3/6 to 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]
Talk about being right for the wrong reason. The move to full-kill $5/$10 is nice, because they don't have $3 chips, so playing $6/$12 is a pain in the ass. (Limit games with multiple chip denominations in play make the Baby Jesus cry.) I hope I'm wrong, though, and this bumps up the newbie action in that game, which has been my bread-and-butter for a while.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, the humanity. Playing nine-handed (ha!), that's more than one buy-in off the table and down the hole per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foxwoods $1-2 is ten handed and $5/hh, but otherwise the same. Also Foxwoods has bizarre buyin rules that prohibit a stack of less than $100 from rebuying to $100 until it reaches $39 (although this is somewhat offset by the fact that the real max buyin is $138).

The point is, the Foxwoods game is extremely profitable despite these incoveniences, and I would imagine the same is true of this game. You wanna play with the fishes, you gotta accept some silly rules to keep them solvent. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]