Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 07:30 AM

Default 1/2 JJ on the Buton fdacing a CO raise

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

CO is 28/7/0.77

Given the 0.77 AF or even without it, should I fold to the 3 bet?
Old 09-02-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Re: 1/2 JJ on the Buton fdacing a CO raise

I think this is in the wrong forum. I think you'd get better responses in the micro-limit forum.

I think preflop is good. I think the flop raise is an okay play against the right opponent.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think you should have folded to the flop 3-bet unless you were playing against a 'maniac'. I think you can safely say you're behind and have little more than 2 outs. I don't think you get the odds to hit your set on the turn - I think you're about a 5% chance to see that jack appear.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:11 PM

You don't give a read, but against an unknown you can anywhere after the flop. The pot isn't big and even calling the flop bet commits you to 2.5BBs to see a showdown you're losing almost all the time.
Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is 28/7/0.77

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands is this over? Also, keep in mind that the looser an opponent gets, the lower his AF number needs to be to be considered 'agressive.' Regardless, that board sucks, and I would have folded to the flop 3-bet, though I understand a frustrated call [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] There is just so little you could possibly beat in this small pot, and that Ace on the turn changes nothing.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:27 PM

I'm not good enough at these types of hands to say whether you should fold/raise the flop, but once you raised, I would call the 3-bet. By that point you're getting 12.5:1 odds. You've got the obvious two outs, but you've also got the 2nd nut backdoor flush draw and a backdoor straight draw. This means that the only hands that have you absolutely screwed are AxQd, KxQd, and QxQd. Considering that he 3-bet the flop, I would pretty much rule out the last two. It's definately marginal, but given the implied odds with the big bets left to come, I figure I've got enough equity to call here and fold the turn UI.

Will
Old 09-02-2006, 11:09 PM

Just call the flop to what develops on the turn. You have 2 outs for a set and a couple backdoor draws. You can get away from the hand on the turn cheaper when you don't raise and when you don't improve on the turn. Villian is passive, so if he doesn't have the A or K he may check the turn.

If you raise the flop, you are either going to fold him if he doesn't have an A or K or give him the chance to 3-bet you when he does and trap you in a big pot.