Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 08:00 PM

Default \"The Trick\"

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing too exciting lately...I have been playing poker @ FullTilt like its my job. I have been playing alot of headsup and shorthanded limit holdem, with good results for the most part. I have been using "the trick," with a few modifications. The "trick" is a preflop strategy used when playing headsup when the button is the small blind (party poker has the button as the big blind). There have been a few opponents that have come up with ways to counteract my game plan, but for the most part I have been successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a quote from Matt Szymaszek's blog (Floating on Water). Does anyone know what the "trick" is he's referring to?

___1___
Old 09-01-2006, 09:06 PM

Default Re: \"The Trick\"

If I had to guess, maybe he's limpraising a lot OTB.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 PM

I'd guess that it is playing position well since raising preflop shows strength and you act last postflop...

Nichomacheo
Old 09-19-2006, 01:56 PM

Well i sat to play one of the HU regulars on there at 25/50 a month or so ago...and the [censored] kept sitting out on his BB, sitting back in on his SB, basically playing only the button. I sat out after 3 hands of course and say "wtf?" NO response and i leave. Thats the only trick I can think of. This was one of thsose guys that is sitting on a 25, a 50 and a 100. Pretty gay.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well i sat to play one of the HU regulars on there at 25/50 a month or so ago...and the [censored] kept sitting out on his BB, sitting back in on his SB, basically playing only the button. I sat out after 3 hands of course and say "wtf?" NO response and i leave. Thats the only trick I can think of. This was one of thsose guys that is sitting on a 25, a 50 and a 100. Pretty gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I wouldn't call this a pf strategy. That is just cheating and when someone does that just get up.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume this is correct.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:24 AM

Not sure what he calls the trick, but I think it's this.

If the person on the button (first to act) is a 'always raise' guy (Mike Sexton told him to, so he does). Then you can reraise him (doesn't have to be much, just double his raise). Now he's playing defense and you lead the flop, he'll fold unless he hits the flop or was huge to begin with.

'Taking control' of the hand is huge HU. If you do it every time, it's easy to counter...if you try it first with a great hand (low blinds) and then show it...it'll pay off big when the blinds are bigger.

When you have the button, just pwn them like normal ;-)
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
 is offline

Bump.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:24 PM

I haven't heard of this, but I would definitely be interested if anyone knows what "the trick" is.

Surf
Old 09-19-2006, 05:12 AM

"The trick" is posting on your blog, that most of your opponents read, that you have an unbeatable strategy and you're running well.