Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 05:55 AM

Default Hey Raptor, what you think of Zee?

Noticed you spent some time with ZeeJustin in the bahamas this month. Any stories?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Hey Raptor, what you think of Zee?

lol. hes actually a pretty decent guy. im sure we both had rather bad impressions of each other from our previous brief online conversations and rants, but IRL people are usually different, and i was pleasantly surprised.

anyways, i played with him for about an hour in a 1k SNG there, in which raymer also decided to sit down. raymer's a gigantic lucksack and sucked out on my KK with TT calling 9x from the button after i shoved utg+1 over a limper. oh well. was good fun at least. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

i also played at ZJs table for about 2 hours during the.. 2k event? sure the 2k event. we didnt really get involved in any pots together, but he ended up busting with an overpair vs a set. colson was also at our table, as was empire2000 and a few other people who are relatively big in the online world. was a fun table. thats all i got we didnt really go clubbing together or anything after that.

i do have a story from that mtt though.. after ZJ busted me and colson got in a big pot that i played absolutely terrible when the blinds hit 100-200 with a 25 ante. im in the BB with Kh9h and Colson was in the sb. its folded to him and he makes a rather large raise into me at 725 to go. both of our stacks are around 4-5kish i believe. anyways, i consider shoving, but for some reason i dont feel like it so i go ahead and call. fwiw i considered folding for about 3 seconds.

anyways, the flop comes down 3d6h7d. colson sits there for about 8 hours and fires out 900. automatically i thought shove.. though i weigh my options again. in my mind, colson should know i view the 900 bet as a many chip bet to look weak because theres a lot of chips and im sposed to think its strong but since im super smart im on the third level and really view it as actually being strong. anyways, that scares me a bit, but i think i have a ton of scare cards i can bluff him off on the turn with. anyways, instead of shoving, like i should, i call.

the turn peels an 8c. now im open ended. ship it holla if he checks im autoshoving my last 2500-3k in. well, colson surprised the hell out of me by shoving. i sit there and act like i had a hand blah blah bit***** at myself for not just shoving the flop and either sucking out or picking it up right there. anyways, i end up folding and he shows 82o. colson pwnd raptor. i laugh and say nice hand. i ended up building back a ton of chips then losing 3 coinflips in one orbit to bust. yea, 3, AQ to 99, AJ to 77, then KQ to JJ. oh well. thats as much of a story as i ahve. im really bored so i rambled a ton. yay. holla

edit: also, why not just pm me and ask? holla
Old 01-25-2006, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

anyways, i played with him for about an hour in a 1k SNG there, in which raymer also decided to sit down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was also sittin at that table when we were waiting for about 3 or 4 more players. I saw ZJ walking to the table, picked up my money cuz i knew i could find a better way of spending $1k. Having 2 of the best sng players along with 7 others that no doubt had way more live experience than me wasn't that appealing.

well anyways the only reason i decided to chime in was because i have a pic of these 2 from this table, if i decide not to be a lazy ass ill put it up.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 AM

I'm a horrible photographer. Raptor can attest to that, i didn't even know how to work the damn thing.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:31 AM

you should have brought your firearms to the place. no one would [censored] around with you.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:20 AM

I'm so jealous of you guys. I've snapped off plenty of bluffs from that colson guy, as he always tries to buy the pot in position. Speaking of firearms, check out this puppy I picked up last night. Perfect for trips to the illegal poker house:
Indy
Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 PM

Pretty.

P.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:14 PM

TY. Hopefully I never have to use it.

Indy
Old 01-25-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: also, why not just pm me and ask? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that wouldn't be very entertaining for the rest of us would it? Thanks for the story. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im sure we both had rather bad impressions of each other from our previous brief online conversations and rants,

[/ QUOTE ]

STORY TIME!

For months I was under the impression that Raptor had two screen names on aim.

This ginormous idiot named Mr Belvedere ak used to IM me every now and then, and he told me he was Raptor on 2+2. He asked me dumb questions and acted like an all around jackass, pasting lemonparty and tubgirl links and stuff, so I always associated those actions w/ Raptor.

One day I was 12 tabling, and Mr Belvedere AK sent me this link on aim. All the sudden, a hundred internet explorer windows popped up, and I couldn't control it. I timed out at all my tables, including folding the nuts in a HUGE pot. I was so unreal mad. I ended up blocking him on aim.

The next day, the real Raptor IMed me and pasted a hand and asked me what I thought. I assumed this was the same guy using his other screen name because I had blocked the first one.
My response:
[ QUOTE ]
Rap (4:31:34 PM): http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=14&fpart=1
Rap (4:31:35 PM): check it
ZJ (4:33:24 PM): i have a pretty strong opinion
Rap (4:33:24 PM): g
ZJ (4:33:28 PM): not gonna share it w/ you though
ZJ (4:33:30 PM): because i hope you die
Rap (4:33:32 PM): lol
ZJ (4:33:37 PM): and have no interest
ZJ (4:33:40 PM): in heping youin any way
Rap (4:33:45 PM): err, ok
ZJ (4:33:51 PM): in short...
ZJ (4:33:52 PM): [censored] off
Rap (4:33:55 PM): thanks
Rap (4:34:03 PM): yer a sweetheart

[/ QUOTE ]

The next day he IMed me again, and we cleared things up, but it was just weird. I found out this guy I had been talking to for months was NOT Raptor at all. If anything can stunt a friendship, that will.