Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 07:04 PM

Default 3-bet this river?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Villian is 18/4/2. He didn't limp with AJ or something, probably has a Jx, giving me 6 outs to overs + BDFD, BDSD </font>

Turn: (6 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue"> Standard call with flush draw for me. </font>

River: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero...?

<font color="blue">Did he limp in with 88 by any chance? 3-bet, call this TAGish guy? </font>

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 3-bet this river?

Paired board and a non-moron is raising my donk on the river I think is call instead of a 3-bet, unless you want to 3-bet fold...
Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM

With those states why would he limp UTG+1 with Jx? With that board I would think he limped with JJ trying to hit a set. But at this level you could see AJ, KJ, here too. I think its a call instead of 3-bet.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Did he limp in with 88 by any chance? 3-bet, call this TAGish guy? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

By any chance? You state that he is a solid player. He's raising a paired board against a pre-flop raiser. Not to mention the flush of which you know he hasn't the nuts. He states your flush is no good when he bets. He claims he has 88 or 22. Call and find out. At that level on Stars you have to call this river raise everytime. You'll catch enough liars to pay your bills longterm.

I like the way you played the hand. I hope you called the raise.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:54 PM

an 18/4/2 is exactly the kind of guy to limp AJ. obviously you call the flop anyway getting 10:1.

i think we can 3bet here. our hand is really, really hidden, and villain is reasonably aggressive postflop. our river donk looks a lot like a dumb bluff or neurological trauma, so he may raise with a variety of hands we beat.

J8 is 9 combos. KJ/QJ/JT/J9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is 4 combos. other lone Js are more combos.

88/JJ/22 is only 7 combos, and we should discount JJ a little since he didn't pfr.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 PM

I am liking tyler's thinking a lot right now. Anybody else wants to give some insight?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villian is 18/4/2. He didn't limp with AJ or something, probably has a Jx, giving me 6 outs to overs + BDFD, BDSD

[/ QUOTE ]

why don't you think a guy with pfr=4 is limping AJ from UTG ... AJ is easily in this guys range.

AJs/o, KJs, QJs, JTs (pushing it), JJ-88 ... our friend could even be looking at a low limit hand chart (which whould include 22 here)
his stats to me indicate he pushes when he has something, but doesn't get to fancy (also, could be waaaayy overplaying AJ) - so I think you can call his river raise, but I don't know how often you're good