Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 06:52 PM

Default Is this ok?

So an old lady lives in my building and we have to share the laundry room. She always throw's my [censored] on the floor when its still in the dryer and she needs to use it and whenever I say good morning or hello to her she acts like I am not there.

This morning while watching the Yankees Tigers game I hear a bump and a small cry, the old lady had fallen outside of my apartment on the way to the laundry and could not get up.

I jumped up with the intention to help but then rembembered all the times she had been mean to me and decided just to watch her struggle for 15 minutes or so until help arrived.

I don't feel bad but when i told my gf she thought it was a dick move and that old people have the right to be dicks and blah blah blah.

Iam kinda happy she's in the hospital for a few days and i won't have to deal with her rudeness.

Sorry about my spelling!

Tom
Old 08-31-2006, 06:58 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: Is this ok?

i wouldve helped her. ur a douchebag.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:58 PM

I'd do the same thing.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 PM

The rule is "Do unto other as you would have them do unto you,", NOT "Do unto others as they do unto you." Keep in mind I don't hold anything against you, but you're pretty morally bankrupt.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM

dude, shes old, what does she have to be happy about. it sounds like she lives by herself, and is old, and just waiting to die. i dont think id be jumping for joy if i was in her shoes.....you should have helped her out
Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rule is "Do unto other as you would have them do unto you,", NOT "Do unto others as they do unto you." Keep in mind I don't hold anything against you, but you're pretty morally bankrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with this? Also i think being ' morally bankrupt ' is not a bad thing.

So i should help because its the right thing to do? Who says?

Who's making these rules anyway?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats wrong with this? Also i think being ' morally bankrupt ' is not a bad thing.

So i should help because its the right thing to do? Who says?

Who's making these rules anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with helping?

I didn't say being morally bankrupt was a bad thing, just stating that not helping reeks of a lack of moraity.

Yes.

Nobody.

The saying is called "the golden rule".

Hey, like I said I ain't holding nothing against the OP. It depends entirely on what is important to you, and what your priorities are, and what you want out of life. But if compassion and humanity are anywhere in that mix, then helping is the right thing to do.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:10 PM

Good points, but if i help i am only doing it so i can tell others that i did a good deed for the day and helped an old lady. Not because i wanted to.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 PM

Again, any hint of compassion seems to be lacking. Even if you helped it would only be for your personal gain. I reassert my claim of moral bankruptcy.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good points, but if i help i am only doing it so i can tell others that i did a good deed for the day and helped an old lady. Not because i wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you need help someday and someone doesn't feel like helping you.