Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This is a.....
Brag 2 4.65%
Brag 4 9.30%
Brag 2 4.65%
Beat.....there's overlap, douche 35 81.40%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2006, 01:38 PM

Default The Well: MrWookie

Who threw the <strike>whiskey</strike> Wookie in the well? (In the well?)

Wait, that's not the quote I want.

[ QUOTE ]
A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Wednesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer" .

The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Wednesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Wednesday, it’s your day in the well .

Well this is my Wednesday in The Well which will consist of Wednesday and Thursday of this week.

You may ask me any question about whatever you like. I will answer to the best of my abilities if I choose to answer your question.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you not in the know, we're going to try out stealing this idea from SSNL. Basically, ask me anything, and I'll give you an answer. It doesn't even have to be about poker. We'll look into getting some veterans and high stakes Micro alums in here who hopefully have a good story to tell. Slightly contrary to the SSNL tradition, Thursdays work better for me, so I'll be taking my turn today and into tomorrow.

Fire away.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:40 PM

Default Re: The Well: MrWookie

What about the micro board keeps you interested? You put a lot of time into this board despite no longer being a micro player. Besides being the mod, which I assume you could abdicate if you wanted to, why do you stick around?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:49 PM

Mostly because I like the people here. Some of it's a comfort zone thing, but most of it is just that I'm so familiar with everyone here that I like posting amongst friends. Additionally, I really like teaching things to people. I always have. Even my very first job was as a ski instructor. I like teaching poker, skiing, physics, dancing, or juat about anything else. I do post in SSSH and SSNL when I'm learning something new (and my upcoming 10/20 hands in MHSH), but enjoy teaching people in this forum.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:50 PM

hows your venture into NL going?

what major adjustments did you have to make?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:50 PM

1. biggest downswing in bb over any stretch of limits?

2. do you tilt like me? have you ever damaged any personal property?

3. what is the drunkest you have ever been and what happened?

4. do people ever say you look like adam corolla?

5. if you were forced to trade lives with any other 2+2er who you've never met, and you'd never be able to change back, whose life would you choose?

6. do you think question #5 will be the best question asked in this thread?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM

I like this idea in SSNL. My questions:

(1) Can you think of a compelling reason to continue grinding up through the ranks in limit, when it seems like every fish in the sea is schooling over to NL?
(2) What were the results in this hand
(3) Why does a poker publishing company have an Automobiles forum?

<font color="white"> (and I think you meant to write "threw" instead of "through") </font>
Old 08-31-2006, 02:00 PM

Whose performance was more believable in Airplane...

Barbara Billingsley speaking jive, or Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as a pilot.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:01 PM

Thanks for your time and effort for this forum.

How did you start NL and don´t you think that the factor of luck is more important in NL. I am playing regularly in the 2.5 mil free roll event and I regularly loose with hands like AK against somebody with A4 finding the second 4 on the river. Nevertheless I like to start playing NL as well. What would you recommend for a starter? Read books or forums?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:03 PM

Have you successfully treated your drinking problem?
Old 08-31-2006, 02:09 PM

How do you calculate the mother f@#$@# Henry's law constant of N2O into my amine solution at 1 atm?! Here's my data:

I am basically taking a sealed CSTR and injecting multiple times N2O into it and measuring the pressure as the gas goes into solution. I eventually make my way up to 1atm and by that time, the solution is nearly saturated. So then I can calculate how many moles of N2O went into my solution by using the ideal gas law. Ok, so now I know that my solution absorbed 0.25moles of N2O before reaching saturation... is the Henry's law constant now He = #moles adsorbed / vol sample / 1 atm?! That gives me 6.25E-4 mol/cm3/atm... THIS NUMBER SHOULD BE NEAR 10k!! GAH I"M TOTALLY SPAZZZZING!!!

Oh I almost forgot to mention that my sensor needs to be offset somewhat to actually get 1 atm = 14.7psia... it's an easy correction, but I just don't care cause all I care about is the delta P.