Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Mark Vos: Class Act

Is it just me or does Mark Vos seem like the worst kind of arrogant scumbag? He always seems to take his trash talk to an unpleasant degree, at least on FTP chat.

I know Stu (who is in a wheelchair, for those that don't know the premise) has a sense of humor, but WTF Mark....???

Mark Vos: still the best

Stuart Paterson: i thought youd be out of tears afer

last night

Mark Vos: and i thought u'd be out of that...

Mark Vos: wait i probably shouldnt say that

Stuart Paterson: you never stop crying

Mark Vos: need a push?
Old 08-29-2006, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Mark Vos: Class Act

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or does Mark Vos seem like the worst kind of arrogant scumbag? He always seems to take his trash talk to an unpleasant degree, at least on FTP chat.

I know Stu (who is in a wheelchair, for those that don't know the premise) has a sense of humor, but WTF Mark....???

Mark Vos: still the best

Stuart Paterson: i thought youd be out of tears afer

last night

Mark Vos: and i thought u'd be out of that...

Mark Vos: wait i probably shouldnt say that

Stuart Paterson: you never stop crying

Mark Vos: need a push?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Stu did start it, Mark began comeback, then stopped, then Stu pushed again. So yeah, I dont hate mark's line.

edit: mark felt he had to take stand, or stu would run him over.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, Stu did start it, Mark began comeback, then stopped, then Stu pushed again. So yeah, I dont hate mark's line.

[/ QUOTE ]

The context here is that Stu is beating Mark in a cash game and Mark whines a lot, and I don't agree that just because Stu "did start it" that Mark has to take it to such a low level. It would be like if I started talking smack about someone's poker game and they made an anti-Semitic remark in retort: sure, anyone is entitled to take trash talk to whatever level he chooses, but for someone to call out someone on their handicap just over some poker trash-talk, I think it's un-cool.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The context here is that Stu is beating Mark in a cash game and Mark whines a lot, and I don't agree that just because Stu "did start it" that Mark has to take it to such a low level. It would be like if I started talking smack about someone's poker game and they made an anti-Semitic remark in retort: sure, anyone is entitled to take trash talk to whatever level he chooses, but for someone to call out someone on their handicap just over some poker trash-talk, I think it's un-cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that mark's comment is in poor taste/offensive. That said, Stu didnt commnet on mark's poker game, he made personal attack, against mark's temperment/resolve/manhood, whatever you want to call it. The correct move for mark is obv to blow it off and play game. But, in the context, it was personal comment vs. personal comment. And who knows, if I were in wheelchair, I wouldn't expect I could go around insulting people, and then play the "you cant say that, im in a wheelchair" card.

Looks like stu trying to put mark on tilt, and mark trying to do same.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:26 PM

It's hard to say how close these guys are, I mean if they are real friends it's not that bad. However this and the Matusow case does make him look like kunt.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:26 PM

The initial reaction here from anyone would be "well Stu started it".

But if u actually take a second and analyze the situation Vark Vos is obviously a huge douche from taking it from poker trash talk to an exteremely low-level. Like for example to follow shanes theme if Mark knew my mother had just died would it be cool to say, "well atleast my mother is alive."

Also this is far from Mark's first offense, he is a classless jerk who is at the top of list for rooting they go broke...and that is actually a very short list for me in the poker world cause most people arent this unlikeable
Old 08-29-2006, 04:28 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

he seems to be a nitty douche. ppl in the pokerworld u should hate
Old 08-29-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The initial reaction here from anyone would be "well Stu started it".

But if u actually take a second and analyze the situation Vark Vos is obviously a huge douche from taking it from poker trash talk to an exteremely low-level. Like for example to follow shanes theme if Mark knew my mother had just died would it be cool to say, "well atleast my mother is alive."

Also this is far from Mark's first offense, he is a classless jerk who is at the top of list for rooting they go broke...and that is actually a very short list for me in the poker world cause most people arent this unlikeable

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you. dont know much about mark vos, but if he is a d-bag to everyone, you're prob right.

However, in war of words, I dont like you're analogy, commenting on someone's mother's death is VERY different from making personal attack on someone who just insulted you, just as attacking someone's race/religious affilation. The difference is one is personal attack, one brings others into situation.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that mark's comment is in poor taste/offensive. That said, Stu didnt commnet on mark's poker game, he made personal attack, against mark's temperment/resolve/manhood, whatever you want to call it. The correct move for mark is obv to blow it off and play game. But, in the context, it was personal comment vs. personal comment. And who knows, if I were in wheelchair, I wouldn't expect I could go around insulting people, and then play the "you cant say that, im in a wheelchair" card.

Looks like stu trying to put mark on tilt, and mark trying to do same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm...I really don't see how "I thought you'd be out of tears" consitutes a "personal attack." It's actually pretty light fare on the Poker Trash Talk menu.

And Stu is no shrinking violet, so it's not like Mark's comment destroyed him, or I am taking up this cause on behalf of Stu. (Stu's idea for a FTP commercial involved Matusow stealing his wheelchair). I was just using the opportunity to call out Mark Vos.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:48 PM

I don't know mark personally but we were always having battles when we played 5/10 together. That aside from everyone who has met him in person who I have spoken with have said he is a really nice guy. So maybe this is the case of someone becoming an ass behind their computer.