Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 03:32 AM

Default Flopped Flush Super Deep

Sorry, no converter

Villain has been playing pretty nitty PF. Has limped a lot of hands that he should be opening short-handed and played pretty solidly post-flop. Seems to be decent.

50/100
6-Handed
Hero: 22k
Villain:9k

Hero doubled up on the first hand raising 66 UTG, flopping 642 and getting all-in against retard with overs+flush draw and 200xbb. Hero has been incredibly active raising about 75% of hands PF but has only shown down good stuff.

Hero is BB
Villain is CO

Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain limps, Button and SB fold, Hero checks

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot is 250)

Hero leads 200, Villain calls

Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot is 650)

Hero leads 500, Villain calls

River is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot is 1650)

Hero ???

And is leading the turn there fine?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Flopped Flush Super Deep

leading the flop and the the turn is MANDATORY - you do not want to give ane free cards to Ac / Kc...

River I probably check-call - if he has a house - you lose less money. If he has trips - he will bet and you will make some money (this is also just about the ONLY hand that will pay you if you bet out). If he was drawing to Ac / Kc - give the man a chance to bluff at you...
Old 08-29-2006, 10:29 AM

c/c the turn seems like the best play easily for the reasons mornelth has stated. Betting only gets raised by better hands, called by MAYBE one hand, and folds worse hands. Checking will allow him to bluff the river w/ worse hands and is the only way I can see to make any more $. Nicely played on the other streets.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:09 PM

Not sure about the river.
Part of me says check/call, part of me says bet/fold. Check/call is a good line to induce a bluff or to save money against a house, but you will usually lose value from a queen who will probably check behind.
This really all depends if opponent is capable of mistakenly betting or raising three queens for value. If no, then I bet; if yes, then I check.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:21 PM

If you're perceived as aggressive, you have to value bet the river. If you're raised, you can fold. I REALLY don't think trip Q's is going to raise for value. You've bet hard on the flop and turn, so you can't expect a bluff or 'value bet' from a worse hand very often, but some of these hands will call if you're perceived as regularly FOS. I would bet 1000-1100 and fold to a raise.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:16 PM

I'd 3/4 pot, 3/4 pot, 2/3 pot. If he raises the river I'm vomiting in my mouth then reevaluating based on his raise size.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:20 PM

I almost say if you go for the c/c as long as it's not an allin (proceed to ralph) becuase you'd spend less if you c/c than if you bet and are reraised allin.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:14 PM

tubasteve, your avatar is making me so dizzy i have no idea what to do with this hand. :P
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 PM

This is close between bet/fold and check/call and maybe even bet/call.

Bet/call's probably out against a decent opponent, although I'm not entirely sure about that. Very few people are going to play 2-pair/a set/a bigger flush this passively, so you're like always ahead on the river. Still, if he's decent, he shouldn't raise a lone Q here.

I think the likelihood of a draw combined with the fact that you often get a bet out of a Q makes check/call best. But, this could easily change to a bet/fold if villain has a tendency to bet too small.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the likelihood of a draw combined with the fact that you often get a bet out of a Q makes check/call best. But, this could easily change to a bet/fold if villain has a tendency to bet too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think he bluffs a draw more often than he checks behind trips?