Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Help clear something up for me.

I play online poker for a living. I tried searching for these but I suck at searching obviously because the only results I got were threads made this month.

Ky's bill prohibits gambling transactions, correct? Or will they have ISP's block the ip's?

So what happens to Neteller accounts and Neteller Debit cards?

Say the bill pass's, can I still transfer money out of Pokerstars into Neteller then use their debit card to get cash? Or would ATM's/stores block those? Still reporting my winnings to the IRS of course, would I get in trouble? Are there any other alternative ways to get money?

I realize that the the fish would "dry up", but not completely. There are multiple countries out there.

Also, wasnt there another bill competing with this one? I forgot whos it was. Someone mentioned that. What does that one hope to accomplish?

If I missed anything feel free to add .

TIA
Old 08-29-2006, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Help clear something up for me.

[ QUOTE ]

Ky's bill prohibits gambling transactions, correct? Or will they have ISP's block the ip's?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little bit of both.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody knows.

[ QUOTE ]
Say the bill pass's [....]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are unlikely to have trouble getting your money out. Worst case, order a check.

Check out the FAQ.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Help clear something up for me.

[ QUOTE ]
I play online poker for a living. I tried searching for these but I suck at searching obviously because the only results I got were threads made this month.

Say the bill pass's, can I still transfer money out of Pokerstars into Neteller then use their debit card to get cash? Or would ATM's/stores block those? Still reporting my winnings to the IRS of course, would I get in trouble? Are there any other alternative ways to get money?

I realize that the the fish would "dry up", but not completely. There are multiple countries out there.

Also, wasnt there another bill competing with this one? I forgot whos it was. Someone mentioned that. What does that one hope to accomplish?

If I missed anything feel free to add .

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

If this bill passes, I would look for another line of work if I were you.