Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 10:47 PM

Default A/8s vs. 2 lags on button.

]PartyPoker[/b] - $1/$2 Texas - 8 players (Converter: PGC)

SB is 100/25/0.0 (4)
UTG+1 is 80/20/0.6 (5)
MP2 is 61/0/0.5 (41)

Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 4.5 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 BETS</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>

(4 players) TURN: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 6.5 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>

(4 players) RIVER: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 14.5 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>

Final Pot:22.5 BB

How did I do?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:52 PM

Default Re: A/8s vs. 2 lags on button.

[ QUOTE ]
]PartyPoker[/b] - $1/$2 Texas - 8 players (Converter: PGC)

SB is 100/25/0.0 (4)
UTG+1 is 80/20/0.6 (5)
MP2 is 61/0/0.5 (41)

Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 4.5 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 BETS</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(4 players) TURN: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 6.5 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="green">MP2 Calls</font>

(4 players) RIVER: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 14.5 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="red">MP2 RAISES</font>

Final Pot:22.5 BB

How did I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop. Raise the flop. Bet the turn if checked to you.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:57 PM

I think I would raise the flop, hoping that the small blind would fold and then take the free card on the turn. The only time I would just call something like that would be if there were 2 or more players behind me.

I don't like the turn raise. The 9 counterfeits your kicker, and you are still on a draw.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:06 PM

why do you care about SB?

why would you take a free card on the turn?

why do you think the 9 counterfeited our kicker?

why do you think we are "on a draw"?

(to the op: fold pf, raise flop, and continue)
Old 01-25-2006, 01:19 AM

Call is okay sometimes in this spot with Axs. Three-bet the flop because you have a huge equity advantage. Check/call the turn and release on a blank river.

Flop: Nut flush draw with no pair on board with more than 2 opponents is an auto-raise, or check-raise.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:25 AM

I would raise PF, and you absolutely have to raise that flop. Also I'm not sure about the turn raise..SB just woke up and bet into the PF raiser, that can't be a good thing.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:52 AM

Fold preflop, JAM the flop. Call turn. With that action on the river, Fold. You should really be folding this PF though, A8 up against a raise and a call is no good, whether its s00ted or not.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:58 AM

Grunch.

First off i wouldnt cold call A8s even from the button.

I would raise the flop as well as the turn for value.

With so many people still in the hand, calling and raising and with low aggressions, we have to believe we are beat when that 4 hits the river. Good fold.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 AM

Thanks for the replies. I would have folded preflop against a normal raiser but these two were lags and was almost positive I was ahead of both of them before the flop.

I wasnt sure about the flop and turn play though. Thanks for clearing it up.