Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Appeal for help re: Ladbrokes

As some of you know, I work for a website that reports traffic for online poker sites. Lately, we've been unable to collect traffic data from Ladbrokes, for reasons I'll explain shortly. Their support has been non-responsive, so we're asking for help from 2+2.

Because of the complicated layout of the Microgaming lobby screen, the easiest way BY FAR to collect game information systematically is to use the Quick Search feature. However, Ladbrokes' Quick Search screen no longer works for us. When we hit "search," nothing happens.

We have reason to suspect that there has been a change at Ladbrokes that disables the search feature for everyone except logged in real money players. Normally this wouldn't present a problem, except that we are in the U.S. and Ladbrokes doesn't accept real money players from the U.S. Therefore we can't open an account (we have tried and failed).

Here is the help we're looking for. We just want to confirm the following facts:

1. The Quick Search feature doesn't work for anyone who is not logged in for real money.

2. The Quick Search feature DOES still work for logged in real money players.

3. Non-U.S. players are able to log in and play for real money on Ladbrokes (and use the Quick Search) from the U.S.

If anyone can confirm any of those facts, we'd appreciate it. Beyond that, if anyone has any suggestions for solving this problem, we're listening. All helpful replies appreciated.

Scout
Old 08-28-2006, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Appeal for help re: Ladbrokes

I have an account there with no funds in it at present. Quick search works whether I'm logged in or not.

Sheriff
Old 08-28-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an account there with no funds in it at present. Quick search works whether I'm logged in or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

I'm in UK.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, so maybe they're blocking Quick Search from the U.S.? Any Americans able to use it?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any Americans able to use the Quick Search?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:38 PM

I just downloaded the software. Quick search works for me without logging in, I don't even have an account.

Have you tried reinstalling the program?

I'm in Oregon.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you tried reinstalling the program?

[/ QUOTE ]
Reinstall didn't work. Neither did a fresh install on a machine completely outside our network. Or I should say, the install works fine. The Quick Search does not.

This is ridiculous. Could they be specifically blocking our region? Am I just being paranoid?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. Could they be specifically blocking our region?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in Washington State or Vegas?
Old 08-29-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could they be specifically blocking our region?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's got to be something else. Hard to believe that a site that doesn't allow U.S. players would deliberately block a specific feature for part of the U.S.

Perhaps you are having an interaction between the client and some security software you are running? I'd break my machine down to the simplest configuration possible and see if that helps. Then if it starts working you can add the missing pieces back one-by-one.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could they be specifically blocking our region?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's got to be something else. Hard to believe that a site that doesn't allow U.S. players would deliberately block a specific feature for part of the U.S.

Perhaps you are having an interaction between the client and some security software you are running? I'd break my machine down to the simplest configuration possible and see if that helps. Then if it starts working you can add the missing pieces back one-by-one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know it doesn't really make sense, but I'm at a loss to explain it. Turning off firewall, anti-virus and all other programs doesn't help.

By the way, we're talking about 3 different computers that developed the same problem at the same time. Hence the paranoia. I don't think there was a software update at that time, but I could be wrong. They had to have changed something, either client-side or server-side, for this to happen.

The other interesting fact is that the Gaming Club, which also uses Microgaming software, developed the same problem a few days after Ladbrokes (and on a 4th computer, no less). At that point, I couldn't search without being logged in, which is why I suspected server-side issues were involved. The Gaming Club search now works fine whether logged in or not, though.

Any other suggestions?