Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 10:01 AM

Default $22 - Shorthanded situations

HAND1
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t4650)
CO (t3420)
Button (t5460)
SB (t2250)
BB (t4220)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero calls t400, <font color="red">CO raises to t3420</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero ????</font>

HAND 2
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t3450)
CO (t4220)
Hero (t2450)
SB (t4420)
BB (t5460)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t1200</font>, <font color="gray">Hero ????</font>

HAND3
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t600 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t3220)
CO (t4660)
Button (t3250)
SB (t6420)
Hero (t2450)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t1800</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?????</font>

HAND4
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t800 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t4734)
Button (t4412)
Hero (t4153)
BB (t6701)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t400, BB checks

Flop: (t400) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero ????</font>

HAND5
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t3820)
Button (t8488)
SB (t3205)
BB (t4487)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero ????</font>

HAND 6
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t8488)
Button (t2905)
SB (t3887)
Hero (t4720)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t3587</font>, Hero ?????

HAND7
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t800 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t6513)
Hero (t6257)
SB (t3819)
BB (t3411)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero ??</font>

HAND8

CO (t5969)
Button (t2161)
SB (t5663)
Hero (t6207)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t2136</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero ????

HAND9
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t800 (3 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Button (t8044)
SB (t7535)
Hero (t4421)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t7110</font>, <font color="gray">Hero ??</font>

HAND 10
PartyPoker Speed Tournament, Big Blind is t1200 (3 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Button (t6039)
Hero (t7217)
BB (t6744)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>
Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: $22 - Shorthanded situations

Hand 1: Open push
Hand 2: Fold
Hand 3: Fold
Hand 4: Push preflop. Push the flop.
Hand 5: Fold
Hand 6: Depends how wide you think he's pushing. Against an unknown, I'd fold.
Hand 7: Push preflop.
Hand 8: Again, depends on his range, but probably a fold.
Hand 9: Fold
Hand 10: Push.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:16 AM

I'll give it a try. You should by SNGPT/learn ICM calculations by the way... At office, so don't have SNGPT here, and some of these are read dependent.

Hand 1: raise preflop, as played, fold.

Hand 2: a push from you = miniraise here, and I can't see you have any FE. Would you have called with A8 against his range, with the possibility that some of the other players can wake up with a hand as well?

Hand 4: Push preflop

Hand 5: Push

Hand 6: Fold

Hand 7: Push

Hand 8: Call

Hand 10: Push
Old 08-28-2006, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold a suited Ace, Im obviously worried about the big stack, but doesnt the range tighten up for the others as it hurts them to lose significantly, and Im about the get blinded?

Hand 7: Push preflop
Any face card push???

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-28-2006, 10:20 AM

I thought hand 5 was a push upon inspection, but SNGPT set me straight. It's actually pretty bad. And yeah, on 7 I'm probably pushing a very wide range. Certainly all kings and aces. Queens and Jacks--not the lowest end ones.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought hand 5 was a push upon inspection, but SNGPT set me straight. It's actually pretty bad. And yeah, on 7 I'm probably pushing a very wide range. Certainly all kings and aces. Queens and Jacks--not the lowest end ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ranges are you using on hand 5? Also, he's about to hit the blinds, and will have &lt; 5BB after posting these, and lose even more FE
Old 08-28-2006, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Which ranges are you using on hand 5? Also, he's about to hit the blinds, and will have &lt; 5BB after posting these, and lose even more FE

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much any range, unless they're all rocks rocks, makes this -$EV. Don't get me wrong, in game I'd push this. Though, this just might be a situation where SNGPT fails.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Open push
Hand 2: Fold
Hand 3: Fold
Hand 4: Push preflop. Push the flop.
Hand 6: Depends how wide you think he's pushing. Against an unknown, I'd fold.
Hand 7: Push preflop.
Hand 8: Again, depends on his range, but probably a fold.
Hand 10: Push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Call 6, 8 and 9 (if villain knows what he is doing), too.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:51 AM

In hands 1 and 4 you open limped or completed the SB. The common wisdom in this forum is that stealing the blinds by pushing preflop is the goal. You also want to try to leave yourself with a decent hand vs opponents call range when you are called. I can think of very few situations where I beleive it is correct to open limp with less than 12BB.

I think you would benefit alot from doing some work with SNGPT (and reading the tutorials), doing ICM calc's by hand and checking out pergasu's bubble trainer.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:34 AM

1. fold: A push is &lt;0.5% with +10bb and some potentially desperate stacks behind you.
2. fold
3. fold
4. push
5. fold and let biggie pwn the blinds until one of them calls or blinds out or you get a better hand you can push from the SB
6. fold
7. push
8. fold
9. fold
10. push