Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 01:22 AM

Default So you guys want to see a LAG in action? (Full HH)

Full HH of the 200 rebuy from today (despite gobbo writing 100r on the label thingy). Since we have been discussing LAG play so often here these days, and it's all the rage for tourneys, I thought this was a perfect HH to submit right now. Some of my plays probably seem borderline wreckless, or totally insane, but I was not drunk or on any other drugs while playing this tournament.

LAGGY ANSKY
Old 08-28-2006, 03:06 AM

Default Re: So you guys want to see a LAG in action? (Full HH)

So would you consider your play good or bad on the whole in this tournament? Some of the stuff was pretty zany (your 6c3c hand comes to mind as one, reraising a MP raiser with a5o, etc.), but overall so far in the hands I've seen (at around 40), you haven't been faring that badly and it actually looks a little bit like how I play. (which is inspiring for my game, letting me know things such as: check/folding frequently is not an embarassing humiliation of my poker abilities, edit:despite my being a lag preflop.)
Old 08-28-2006, 03:12 AM

ok, im going to tackle this, I probably wont get done tonight though.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So would you consider your play good or bad on the whole in this tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

very good
Old 08-28-2006, 03:27 AM

this was a really fun replay to watch, but I gotta say the hand that most impressed me was hand 161
Old 08-28-2006, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this was a really fun replay to watch, but I gotta say the hand that most impressed me was hand 161

[/ QUOTE ]

where he open folds T9o in MP?

typo? or am i not getting something by skipping right to that?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:36 AM

yeah, watch the whole thing and you should understand why I said that
Old 08-28-2006, 03:41 AM

I'll get around to it, but for whatever reason PXF sucks for me. It never responds when I click stuff, whether I'm using Firefox or IE.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:25 AM

What were the deciding factors that made you play so LAG in this tournament was it the table/bigstack?

At the beginning you played really LAG and there isnt much to talk about because you never really got called or flopped anything. Throughout the history Im not going to bore you with "Hand XX: Standard" I will just cut to the chase

Hand 53: the bb has been at your table for a while and knows you are playing LAG, I can see him calling with any 2 preflop and expecting him to be leading with complete air alot. This is a very risky play can we got your thoughts on this hand ?

Hand 87: the small reraise leaves him with about 11k obviously enough room to fold but it seems like he has a monster or its a complete resteal here. with your image I dont think you are getting many folds out of him here, you had been raising a lot and he picks a time with complete air to bluff against you? This is obviously a horrible play by him or maybe a great read by you can you give us your thoughts here?

Hand 93: The majority of your raises have come from MP/MP any reason why you mixed it up here with Q5s utg (next orbit K8o utg you fold)? nice flop sucks you didnt get action but checking the flop here would be bad.

Hand 104: I actually stopped the hand and analyzed it before i saw the results here. when he calls off 20% of his stack preflop against a lag i really dont like putting anything else in the pot, with a marginal hand he is going to shove over you preflop and by check raising you even get TT or something to get all im which may have folded to a lead. I'm guessing you read his flop bet as extremely weak but i dont see him calling/betting over 1/2 he stack against a lag here with nothing.

Hand 107: Looks like you ran into an overpair, but with your lag style and after the J9 hand I dont like check raisign this flop because it looks like you completely full of [censored], and i can see a decent player shoving AQ/AK back at you and not giving up pocketpairs.

Hand 124: I dont like raising here on the button with 92o due to your previous encounters but if you do I bet the flop.

Hand ~150: I see a bunch of green around this point and i think, "nice pwnage of a bubble" then i realize you are just a cardrack.
Hand 150: This player is somewhat new to you table but I like this resteal spot, you have 20bbs and there is ~10k in the pot.

Hand 153: ErickW23 and Tsoprano are in the blinds here, how much do the players in the blinds affect your LAG raises?

Hnad 157: You have JKs and flop TP what do you put erik on and whats your play if called or raised on the flop?

Hand 168: I think this call is a bit loose getting less than 2-1

Hand 190: this call also seems a bit loose with below to act behind.

Hand 198: I agree that Below is a prefect player to do this against but giving a "gambler" 2-1(?) doenst seem very good in this spot.

overall you played very good, normal TAG play would have blinded you out here a lot with such [censored] cards early/mid. Its a shame you never got action with you big hands even though you had kept up a lag image I think that was one of your downfalls. Nothing you can really do unless you want to fold TT 5 handed.

edit: i forgot to add that this tournament you showed good judgment tightening way up when you wernt the 1st raiser and also tightening way up when you stack started to dwindle/blinds increase.

OGRE
Old 08-28-2006, 05:23 AM

here I go

15 I hate the overlimp with QJo raise or fold
19 hate that call with k2s UTG raise and UTG+1 call no reason to call
21 hate calling the reraise image is not worth it
23 really like a turn bet there pair +FD unless your plan was to c/rai but you were too deep for that
28 wtf open limping in CO?
71 I like a resteal there with A10o you are ahead of his range.
109 I shove there almost 6k in the pot thats 33% of yuor stack BS could be opening lighter there.
120 nh I hate it would just shove PF but that's me
124 continuation bet if you are going to open raise any2 on button that was a dry board bet. turn I like a raise of 2.5 to 3 times his bet free showdown and also can get better hands to fold.
138... 92o 2 orbits prior than you fold A5o...
168 I think A10o is way ahead of his button shoving range there
181 is more proof why I think the 168 fold is bad esp considering his stack and pos
190 k2o meh let the BB call
198 you 3bet bluff a lot