Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 11:28 PM

Default AA OOP 2/4 vs uberLAG, no cap HU

This particular player 3-bets Q4o preflop, and plays quite poorly postflop. He has capped bottom pair with no redraws on the flop (after 3-betting me with 45o PF), and generally likes putting bets in as often as possible. For you stat guys he'd be around a 80/40/2 type of player. It is my first time encountering him, and will be sitting on the other side of him in future encounters.

I've been at the table about 5 orbits and taken two pots off him. One being his bottom pair vs my flopped set of Jacks. I seem to have disrupted his 'hot streak'

Not used to the no-cap style of limit play, but have to imagine there are some guidelines when it makes sense to control pot-size. We've both got about 50 big bets in front of us.

First, I'd like advice on the best approach against a LAG in these situations pre-flop.

Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Pre-flop:

5 folds, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="red">Hero 4-bets</font>, Button 5-bets, <font color="red">Hero 6-bets</font>, Button 7-bets, <font color="red">Hero 8-bets</font>, Button 9-bets, <font color="red">Hero 10-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop (Board: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]):

<font color="red">Hero bets</font> , Button raises, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button 4-bets, Hero ?????

Given the flop texture and pre-flop action, against a normal player I'd be either tied with AA, behind to KK, QQ, TT. (AJ/J9 non-normal players) Against this guy I am likely ahead, but do not have the luxury of a cap on the flop, and he will continue to raise regardless. Against AJ I'm drawing thin to a split, against KK/QQ/TT I have 6 outs.

Please correct or continue my play from the flop, and suggest a turn/river line.

Since I don't expect any line to contain that evil four letter F-word in a pot this size, for added bonus points, suggest an appropriate modification of your line for a river Ace.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Re: AA OOP 2/4 vs uberLAG, no cap HU

this is such a bad flop considering how many bets went in preflop. If the guy wasn't such an idiot the best line is clearly to play preflop like you did and bet/call down given the flop. As played the 3-bet is probably ok, but you need to call down UIed once he 4 bets. Even maniacs will be dealt KK-TT once in a while.

I'd c/r and call a 3-bet if I river an ace.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:47 AM

Preflop looks ok (smirk).

I wouldn't have three bet that flop. He either has 2 broadway cards and you're in big trouble or he's drawing nearly dead. Given the flop action, he ain't drawing dead.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:57 AM

Hobbs -- would you ever stop raising preflop with AA with no cap?
Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hobbs -- would you ever stop raising preflop with AA with no cap?

[/ QUOTE ]
no
Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 PM

Really curious what happened?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:42 AM

b/c flop and call down.

JT