Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Official Deadwood Season Finale Thread

Wow, I was seriously disappointed. After a series of episodes escalating in drama, tension and quality, this [censored] sucked.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Official Deadwood Season Finale Thread

Ugh... Ruined my whole weekend. Easily worst episode of the series.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:04 PM

Yeah, I couldnt believe it. Worst episode of the season. All that time spent on getting Wu and Hawkeye's men to camp and nothing happens. Seems like they were thing, lets just end this and be done with it. I hardly see a point for the movies now, even though I hope they still do them. All that discussion we had of major characters dieing sure didnt pan out.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:07 PM

LOL.......... I still thought it was an excellent episode. I was disappointed in the fact that Bullock did not put a smack down on Hearst. If that happened it would have been awesome.

Utter was on fire tonight. He had a couple of great scenes. The first one with Hearst and then the one with the N***er General.

You are correct it was a letdown in the respect that there was not more conclusion/action/drama. I suppose that it was going to be left for the next season. I guess had this not been the last episode it would have been just as good as any of the previous. I still think this was the best season of any TV show I have seen.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:15 PM

My heart was pounding when Al went into the office with Hearst and his guys. I really thought he was gonna make a move with his blade. I was so looking forward to this episode. I cant believe it was a letdown and now its over.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:25 PM

I was researching Deadwood mid week (yes cheating) to see who was real and not real. Almost everyone made it out of Deadwood alive. Between that and about the first 15 minutes of the episode, it was apparent not much in the way of death was going to happen............

So it was easy to guess that most if not all of the main characters were going to make it till Season 4 or the movies whichever they decide.

I thought Al would get one of the henchmen. I also thought Hearst's ego, from basically getting called a Pussy by Bullock and Utter, would cause him to get an epic beat down from Bullock. I was disappointed that did not happen. I think Hearst spitting teeth would be pretty cool.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:29 PM

Feh. What a letdown, especially as the series finale. Not glimmer of hope...

Alma is forced to sell to Hearst. Hearst steals the election and crushes Star and Bullock. Al's reinforcements finally arrive... and do nothing. Al never gets revenge and watches Hearst ride out of town smug and happy... only after he has to murder an innocent woman in order to appease Hearst.

I really don't think the producers knew the series wouldn't have a season 4, or I'd expect a bit more closure. As it stands, it's a horrible way to finish the series. A dark, dreary, disappointing end to what seemed to be such an amazing season.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:33 PM

Just came across this.

Deadwood Rides Again

Here is another article.

On Deadwood Season 4

That second article closes with possibly the best line in Deadwood history:

"The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man — and give some back."

Old 08-27-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just came across this.

Deadwood Rides Again

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL before some nit flames you, that has been known for awhile. Milch got pissed because HBO was only going to buy/pay for 6 episodes. He told them to [censored] off. They came back with the 2-2hour movies, which kind of made everyone happy.

My guess is the movie idea is because HBO is supposedly not getting international rights. Which crimps the earning power of the show and the biggest factor in HBO's decision to stiff Milch and us.

Maybe with the movie it is a way to get around that. Somewhat similar to Firefly/Serenity.

God knows when these movies will actually be made. Milch is working on another series for HBO, some surfer series.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just came across this.

Deadwood Rides Again

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL before some nit flames you, that has been known for awhile. Milch got pissed because HBO was only going to buy/pay for 6 episodes. He told them to [censored] off. They came back with the 2-2hour movies, which kind of made everyone happy.

My guess is the movie idea is because HBO is supposedly not getting international rights. Which crimps the earning power of the show and the biggest factor in HBO's decision to stiff Milch and us.

Maybe with the movie it is a way to get around that. Somewhat similar to Firefly/Serenity.

God knows when these movies will actually be made. Milch is working on another series for HBO, some surfer series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I already knew that they werent doing a fourth season and were going to make those movies. Those links just went into a little more detail about it, so I thought I'd post them.