Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 07:54 PM

Default Bump this thread everytime the Red Sox lose

in the spirit of the highest paid team ever not to make the playoffs, i'll create this thread, tyvm
Old 08-25-2006, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Bump this thread everytime the Red Sox lose

From Bill Simmons' recent piece:

For the first time, annoying Yankee fans are back out in full force. It's almost like when you buy a fly zapper for your backyard (with the 2004 ALCS being the fly zapper) that wipes out every mosquito in your neighborhood, and life is great, and you can sit in the backyard and hang out whenever you want ... and then the fly zapper breaks (the five-game sweep), and suddenly those mosquitoes are swarming around again. I received more taunting e-mails from Yankee fans/friends/readers over the past 96 hours than I received in the previous 22 months combined. They're buzzing around. They're everywhere. And unfortunately, this current front office replaced the reliable 2004 fly zapper with a newer model that shorts out half the time. Bad times all around.

Here's what really bothers me: Not only are the Yankees good, not only are they peaking at the perfect time, but their fans know it. So the Yankee fans are getting that old swagger back. Too bad. I just wish the Red Sox could spend as much money as them -- if we only had a billionaire owner, our own TV station, tons of merchandising money, tons of corporate sponsors and a team that sells out every home game. Hey, wait a second. ...
Old 08-25-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From Bill Simmons' recent piece:

For the first time, annoying Yankee fans are back out in full force. It's almost like when you buy a fly zapper for your backyard (with the 2004 ALCS being the fly zapper) that wipes out every mosquito in your neighborhood, and life is great, and you can sit in the backyard and hang out whenever you want ... and then the fly zapper breaks (the five-game sweep), and suddenly those mosquitoes are swarming around again. I received more taunting e-mails from Yankee fans/friends/readers over the past 96 hours than I received in the previous 22 months combined. They're buzzing around. They're everywhere. And unfortunately, this current front office replaced the reliable 2004 fly zapper with a newer model that shorts out half the time. Bad times all around.

Here's what really bothers me: Not only are the Yankees good, not only are they peaking at the perfect time, but their fans know it. So the Yankee fans are getting that old swagger back. Too bad. I just wish the Red Sox could spend as much money as them -- if we only had a billionaire owner, our own TV station, tons of merchandising money, tons of corporate sponsors and a team that sells out every home game. Hey, wait a second. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it!
Old 08-25-2006, 08:20 PM

I'm amazed it took this long.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm amazed it took this long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think that we should sticky it.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:44 PM

Guys, can I just chime in and say that part of the appeal of a hate-another-team thread is that the team in question has dominated the other, or owned another for a long period of time, etc... I mean to make fun of the Red Sox for losing is kinda like... we don't actually get enough out of our team winning and probably making the playoffs, or being good every year, or beating our rivals... we pretty much need to gloat and be sore winners too.

Doug, I am especially disappointed in you. You made more money this year than several Red Sox players. Hell, you made like ten times as much as Florida Marlins all-star Miguel Cabrera! Don't hate.

NT
Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 PM

id be more of a fan of a bump this thread everytime Big Papi eats a twinkie thread
Old 08-25-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id be more of a fan of a bump this thread everytime Big Papi eats a twinkie thread

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not even remotely funny.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:50 PM

it's just retarded how people think a yankees hate thread can go this long without this one starting, sorry guys.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:52 PM

Go White Sox and/or Twins!

So long as one of either the Yanks/RSox miss out this year, I will be happy. I've said this before but this seems like another good thread to reiterate it.