Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Borgata - Mini Trip Report

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. I played 3/6 all day today and finished down quite a bit even though I was at by far the softest 3/6 table I've ever played. Oh well. I did want to ask though if this is as good as it gets in AC as far as dealers, etc. I found the dealers to be for the most part extremely grumpy, rude (constantly making the fish feel stupid and making snide remarks about people who 'only' tip $1/pot), and fairly inept (slow, trouble reading the board in f'ing holdem, etc). I expected the dealers here to be better than the ones I'm used to at Harrah's New Orleans, but they were miles worse. The floors were all worthless as well. Overall, I will go back for the easy money (ha) but I wish I knew somewhere more pleasant to play at.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Borgata - Mini Trip Report

I'm thinking of heading out there soon for the tourney side action. I hope you're talking about $300/$600. How's the stud action? Any soft games there?
Old 08-24-2006, 10:22 PM

I haven't found the dealers overly brilliant at reading hands, but I've only had one rude dealer. He was actually nice to the drunk fish, but rude to the older player who asked him to start controlling the game (which was getting pretty out of control).

I've also always found them very nice when it comes to thanks. Always thanking the players for whatever they get.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of heading out there soon for the tourney side action. I hope you're talking about $3K/6K . How's the stud action? Any soft games there?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 PM

Big Stud Action on Weekends, Busy Times

75-150
150-300
400-800 or 500-1000

Jeff
Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 PM

There are a lot of new dealers at the Borgata. They seem to be weeding out the bad ones. Right now, however, I think you'll find more consistently good dealers at the Taj.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of heading out there soon for the tourney side action. I hope you're talking about $3K/6K . How's the stud action? Any soft games there?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I don't have the roll for 3k/6k.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the dealers to be for the most part extremely grumpy, rude (constantly making the fish feel stupid and making snide remarks about people who 'only' tip $1/pot), and fairly inept (slow, trouble reading the board in f'ing holdem, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've put in a 12+ hour session at the Borg every week this Summer. I can honestly say that my experience has been the total opposite. I find the dealers to be very friendly and competent. Plus there are a couple of real good looking ones....especially Annie (She was on the cover of the "Babes of Borgata calendar")
Old 08-25-2006, 01:05 PM

Good to know that my experience was a fluke. Oh, and whoever mentioned stud, there was a shorthanded 150-300 stud game going when I go there. Not sure how long it lasted, as I was in the big poor person room.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of new dealers at the Borgata. They seem to be weeding out the bad ones. Right now, however, I think you'll find more consistently good dealers at the Taj.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep seeing people say this but it hasn't been my experience at all. Perhaps its because I play in the 20/40 and up games, if they keep the new dealers in the low limit games that might explain why I haven't seen it yet.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]