Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Overreacting? (x-post from BBV)

Two days ago, I was playing 6max NL200 on a Prima skin. I had just suffered a suckout against me the previous hand (bottom pair of the flop calls two bets OOP and then hits two pair on the river). I chat "nh."

The next hand I am dealt pocket kings UTG. I raise to $6, my standard raise, and I get reraised to $30 by a blind. I think that he has put me on tilt, and he has seen me fold to reraises before. With about $170 left in my stack I decided to push. Unless he turns up aces, I'm a favorite and probably a substantial one at that. He hesitates. Now I really want a call. I get one. Then it gets weird.

Prima doesn't show cards when you are all in in ring games. The flop is blanks (9 x x), so is the 4th card, the 5th card pops up briefly on the screen, so breifly I don't even see it, I'm waiting to see his cards turn over or the money shoved my way (preferably).

But I don't see anything. The table sorta blips and the next hand is dealt. The only way that I can tell what happened is I don't have any money in front of me anymore and villian does. The chat window doesn't say who won the hand, or what the winning hand was. The hand is not in my hand history in PT, I immediately request the hand histories from the last 100 hands from Prima. The hand isn't there.

During this whole time I am 3-tabling. No glitches at all on the other tables. Prima lobby says my connection is "Excellent."

Now I'm ticked. I stop playing at the other tables and fire an email off to support including the hand number asking what happened and state that I believe that if I can't see the results of a hand, that they should refund my money lost. OK, it's unrealistic, I know, but if I don't ask, I'll never get anything.

Further, the software has crashed twice on me in the 3 previous days ("WIndows has encountered an error ..."). I also has an episode where I started having cards dealt to me face down, yes you read that right, I couldn't even see my cards, but I could see every other action at the table. Prima blamed my connection.

So far the only response is that "We've forwarded your concerns to the right people who are looking into it." I can't say I expect much, these are the same experts who blamed my connection for cards being dealt face down. They have admitted to significant problems with their software due to recent upgrades.

OK, I'm venting, but I guess after 26,000 hands in the last 3 months I'm done with Prima unless they get their act back together with their software and make some sort of restitution.

So am I overreacting? Is this just a bad beat story with a twist? I've been stacked many times and not had anywhere near this reaction for this long. Somehow, not being able to see the HH and know whether he sucked out, or I made a bad read makes this much worse. I don't even know if he got to see my hand.

Since I haven't heard anything in 2 days, I guess I really am done with Prima. Any suggestions?
Closed Thread