Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 04:28 AM

Default Dcifrths Vs. El Diablo... a POSE OFF

so i was propositioned (not the good kind) the other week by el diablo. he declared a pose off for bankrolls.

he says his arms are like "taut steel cables" and will "win shoulders hands down."

i am of a smaller frame but my definition in chest/ab area is quite good. further, i am swimming (breast stroke) every day while he is running and lifting. i can do 24 straight laps of breast stroke varying between good pace and all out and it takes me about 30 mins...i then do 2 laps of freestyle w/ a break in between of about 30 seconds.

i can do between 10-20 pull ups palms facing out depending on when during the day i do them (before or after swimming...swimming is exhausting)

diablo runs 4.2 miles/day and can play soccer.

we CANNOT agree on a method of scoring. i.e. he wants JUST arms. i said, fine do just abs...he said he is not a prissy girl (implying abs are to be treated thusly)

so we are at a standstill.

i now turn to OOT for guidance.

id like a ranking and scoring of body parts for a POSE OFF!

i.e. it'd look something like this:

score 10 points, highest point total wins.

Arms: 3 points
Abs: 3 points
Shoulders: 1 point
Chest: 2 points
Thighs: 1 poing

that is just an example i pulled off the top of my head.

so help me out.

Barron
Old 08-22-2006, 04:30 AM

Default Re: Dcifrths Vs. El Diablo... a POSE OFF

All,

My counter proposal to Dcifr was that we can do it by whatever standards he wants as long as prior to the poseoff we do a five round fight.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

My counter proposal to Dcifr was that we can do it by whatever standards he wants as long as prior to the poseoff we do a five round fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

i of course cannot do that b/c i can barely walk even w/ my insoles due to my foot injury.

bone scans can be supplied for proof.

Barron
Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 AM

Dcifr,

Just looked at your scale. I win 7-3.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dcifr,

Just looked at your scale. I win 7-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

i may be forgetting body parts. your chest may not be as good as you think, although it still may win. i think abs are hugely important and should probably rankt hem higher. they are the toughest thing to get good definition in and by the time we have a pose off i'll likely have an 8 pack...which will also make my chest look damn good...further, are arms ranked by size (pythons or whatever) or by cutness/definition..or some combo therein?

Barron
Old 08-22-2006, 04:35 AM

Question 1:
Who brings the Oil?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:37 AM

Barron,

As I've said before I think you indeed rule pretty hard. However El Diablo rules all and cannot be defeated, this cannot end well for you.

save your bankroll.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:40 AM

Fitness Round - 40% of Score

- Execution - 25%
- Difficulty - 25%
- Creativity - 25%
- Appearance - 25%

Judges will look for high energy routines that demonstrate athletic coordination, style, personality and overall performance. Routines may include dance, gymnastics, cheer, aerobics, fitness and/or other displays of exceptional athletic talent. Contestants should demonstrate flexibility, creativity and showmanship. However, there are no specific athletic or strength moves required. Only the athletic skills in which a contestant has experience should be incorporated. Costumes will be judged as well during the Fitness Round, so special attentions should be given. No G-string or thong-type costumes may be worn unless athletic apparel or tights are worn underneath, and tennis shoes or athletic shoes must be worn. Props are allowed but must be approved by Pageant officials at least 2 weeks in advance of the performance. Routines may not exceed two minutes and once begun cannot be repeated. Music must be professionally recorded for maximum performance and audience & judges impression. Only CD-R recordings will be accepted - no mini CD’s, CD-RW, DVD or cassette recordings will be accepted.

Swimsuit Round - 40% of Score

- Poise and Presence - 25%
- Body Condition - 25%
- Feminity - 25%
- Appearance - 25%

Judges will analyze body shape, tone, symmetry, complexion, poise, presentation and overall condition. Also, they will be looking for fit, toned, feminine bodies that display proper conditioning. However, the Fitness Universe Pageant Series are not bodybuilding events or associated with any bodybuilding organization. Therefore, physical definition and excessive muscular development will be penalized. Contestants will be judged individually and in group comparisons. G-string or thong type swimsuits are not allowed.

Interview Round - 20% of Score

The Top 5 Finalists from the combined Themed Sportswear and Bikini Round scores will proceed to the Interview Round. Each contestant will answer a question from one of the selected judges regarding her background, outlook about various aspects of life and attitudes concerning health and fitness lifestyles. Spontaneous answers must be given. Judges will be looking for articulate, concise, intelligent and thought provoking responses.

I say peachy, gorie, and bigsteve judge this thing and no pics should be taken other than the faces of the judges.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:43 AM

wrong one Stuey [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

The contest will be judged based on five rounds, with each round being an equal 20% of the score. The athlete with the lowest score after five rounds is the winner.

How Will Scoring Work?

SCORE #1
ROUND 1 - Symmetry & Aesthetics - 20%

What the judges are looking for:
The judges are looking for overall symmetry, aesthetics, balance and proportion. There should be a "V" taper from the shoulders to the waist. The stomach region should be muscular yet small and tight from all angles.

From the front, the thighs should have an outer sweep and the calves should show an inner muscle belly. There skin should show an overall tightness from all angles.

Muscularity and size should be taken into account in this round, but the overall aesthetic look of the body should take precedence.

Procedure:
In this round the athlete is viewed and compared from four sides, (quarter poses front, right side, back, left side), in the semi relaxed position. In all four positions knees are to be locked, feet are to be no more than 2 inches apart, and there is to be no twisting of the upper torso.

The athletes will come out in groups of no more than ten at a time to do the quarter poses as a group, and then compared 2 or 3 at a time. When all the judges are satisfied, athletes are placed, score sheets marked and given to the head judge.

SCORE #2
ROUND 2 - Muscularity in the Seven Compulsory Poses - 20%

The judges are looking for size, muscularity, definition and separation based just upon the seven compulsory poses.

Procedure:
The athletes will be judged in the seven compulsory poses: A. Front Double Biceps B. Front Lat Spread C. Side Chest D. Rear Double Bicep E. Rear Lat Spread F. Front Abdominal & Thighs G. Front Most Muscular Crab

The athletes will come out and do the seven compulsory poses individually (when there are more than 20 athletes in a competition, the athletes will be brought out 2 at a time), then be brought out and compared in groups of 2, 3 or 4.

SCORE #3
ROUND 3A - Free Posing - 20%

The judges are judging the overall physique on all points (aesthetics, muscularity, size, balance, proportion, and symmetry) but only what the athlete shows them. If an athlete hides his weak points, it is to his advantage and the judge will base the score on what is presented. This score is based solely on the body, not presentation.

Procedure:
Each athlete presents his body as he wants it to be seen, choreographed to music for approximately three minutes. . If he has weak points on his physique or weak poses, he is not required to do them He is to present his body to his best advantage to the judges.

SCORE #4
ROUND 3B - Entertainment Quality - 20%

The judges will be giving a second score solely on the entertainment value of the posing routine. Props and special effects can be used, but the athlete must remember that if the body is covered too much or for too long, or if the effects prevent the adequate presentation of the body in the judge's mind, it could effect the score in round 3A.

SCORE #5
ROUND 4 - Final Posedown - 20%

This is the judge's final chance to assess the athlete's physique. The judges are first looking at the physique as a whole, then breaking it down to symmetry, aesthetics, muscularity, size, balance and proportion.

Procedure:
The top six will come out as a group in numerical order. The judges can ask the head judge for repositioning of the athletes if necessary to aid in the judging. Athletes will first do quarter turns as a group, then the seven compulsory poses as a group. The head judge will then order the athletes to "pose down" and the athletes will break into free posing of their choice to out do the other athletes on stage.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:48 AM

legs and back deserve their own categories.