Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM

Default NL 50 6m- Missed Value?

Second hand I've played. No reads as of yet. All players are sitting on max buyin.

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls $.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: ($7.50) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero bets $5.25, BB Raises to $10.50, CO folds, Hero Calls.

Turn: ($28.50) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero Checks, BB Checks

River: ($28.50) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $15, BB calls

I was weary with the flop minraise. At NL 50 this play generally means strength, however without reads, I have no idea what BB thinks is strong. However I strongly felt I had the best hand on the turn when he checked behind the scary board, (Put him on a Medium-Strong Jack). Hows my line?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 AM

Default Re: NL 50 6m- Missed Value

I think it's a fine play. I'd put him on a medium-strong jack aswell, so a turn bet would scare him off, but the river bet may induce a call from him as it may look like ur bluffing

Edit: just a side thought, if he went all in.. do you think u'd have to call in this spot, as he could have something like AJ?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: NL 50 6m- Missed Value

I feel calling his push on the end would be +EV getting better than 4 to 1, mixed with the possibility of him putting me on a steal.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:38 AM

Default Re: NL 50 6m- Missed Value?

[ QUOTE ]
Second hand I've played. No reads as of yet. All players are sitting on max buyin.

Preflop: Hero is in SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls $.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: ($7.50) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero bets $5.25, BB Raises to $10.50, CO folds, Hero Calls.

Turn: ($28.50) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero Checks, BB Checks

River: ($28.50) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $15, BB calls

I was weary with the flop minraise. At NL 50 this play generally means strength, however without reads, I have no idea what BB thinks is strong. However I strongly felt I had the best hand on the turn when he checked behind the scary board, (Put him on a Medium-Strong Jack). Hows my line?

[/ QUOTE ]
this min raise line really looks like a jack that is not sure of exactly what you have, he shuts down on the turn because you have him beat when you call and he knows it, IMO i pop him back on the flop but I HATE minraisers and one day it will be the downfall of me to play back at them
Old 08-22-2006, 05:43 PM

Default Re: NL 50 6m- Missed Value?

What about the minraise makes this look like a jack on the flop? I've been shown a set of sixes and a set of sevens enough times to throw that into the equation as well. I think the turn action gives away that its a jack, but how am I to know on the flop?