Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 03:15 AM

Default Poker Sucks

Villian is a regular, name on there is DeStructure, he runs at like 23/17. Has always seemed pretty standard to me, only a few hundred hands, my friend has more vs him and has owned him. I don't have any reason to believe that he's a supbro, but I guess he could be.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($830.13)
CO ($394)
Button ($826.04)
SB ($234.75)
BB ($161.90)
UTG ($914.80)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $42</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $30.

Flop: ($90) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $77</font>, Hero calls $77.

Turn: ($244) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $175</font>, Button calls $175.

River: ($594) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero calls $536.13 (All-In),

This is painfully standard right? I'm leading turn to get a call from aces or kings to set up a river push where he should be folding everything but a ten, because we should be deep enough for him to let go of big pairs- I've got a ten here much much much more often than a random bluff, especially since earlier in the day we were talking about no one ever folds at 400 nl, and therefore it is never profitable to bluff.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Poker Sucks

[ QUOTE ]
especially since earlier in the day we were talking about no one ever folds at 400 nl, and therefore it is never profitable to bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

I don't understand why you chose the line you did, turn and river look okay but I don't know how often anyone folds AA, and the flop is ugly.

Why not c/r the flop if you want to try and steal it? If you want to rep a T why not c/r the turn instead of betting and then pushing the river?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:24 AM

Backdoor spade draw, I was leading the turn with any 7 or spade, my hand is very disguised. I like to float and get tricky when I'm deep because I think people are usually (and rightfully so) afraid to play big pots when 200bbs deep.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Backdoor spade draw, I was leading the turn with any 7 or spade, my hand is very disguised. I like to float and get tricky when I'm deep because I think people are usually (and rightfully so) afraid to play big pots when 200bbs deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

edited my post because I changed my mind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think your pre-flop play is -EV if you're going to float OOP on flops like this, I mean c'mon you called because of a backdoor spade draw? This isn't limit
Old 08-22-2006, 03:31 AM

I thought about c/r'ing the turn, but then I thought to myself, I would almost NEVER do that with a ten, that line looks weird with a ten because it looks so strong you let them fold overpairs. Whereas with this turn lead I'll usually have a ten, he'll think 'why is he leading the turn?' and call with his overpair. Then on the river, I'm all in because I want to get paid off with top boat.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:31 AM

spewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. holla
Old 08-22-2006, 03:37 AM

Why don't people ever fold? Just wait until I have a hand I'm going to be freakin rich Jesus Christ.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is painfully standard right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the f*ck is wrong with you?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is painfully standard right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the f*ck is wrong with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain?

If flop and turn play stand, He's got to fold every other time for the bluff to be good right? So next time I'll have a ten, I think this is an easy bluff.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't people ever fold? Just wait until I have a hand I'm going to be freakin rich Jesus Christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

ingenius

or move up to where they respect your bets/raises